66. Devils call

Olivia

"Three plates of fried shrimp for table two!" Jamie's voice boomed through the crowded room.

"Coming!" I yelled back from the counter and then made my way into the kitchen.

"I've told you countless times about shouting," Logan scolded.

"Three plates of fried shrimp for table two. Looks like Grandma will just have to hire you. People are liking your fried shrimps," I said with an amused smile, brushing off his first statement.

"Trying to dodge the topic by using sweet words on me, right?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Did I? If I don't shout, how would the customers hear me?" I voiced out. Logan dished out the shrimp onto three plates.

"If they can't hear, they should fuck off. They can't stress my wife." That made me blush like a fool, and I didn't try to hide it.

"Easy. At least no one is flirting with your wife." I mused.

"They won't even dare." Logan winked at me, making the situation even worse. I was sure he could see right through my blush.

"You guys should wait till we're closed, then you can flirt however you want," Jamie's sudden voice resonated.

Logan cleared his throat, and I rolled my eyes. I was about to grab two plates when Logan beat me to it by holding my wrist, stopping me. "Take one plate. Jamie, take the rest."

Jamie's mouth hung open. "Why do I sense mockery here? You guys are taking advantage of me because I'm single, right? I will take you all by surprise." She pointed a finger at Logan and me before sauntering out. I chuckled at her outburst before following suit.

It wasn't easy, but the three of us managed the restaurant, with Jamie and me going back and forth with customer orders while Logan took charge of the kitchen as the chef. Even though Logan kept monitoring my every move and sometimes didn't allow me to take customer orders, asking Jamie to do it instead, I don't blame him. It only made my love for him more special and stronger, seeing the way he takes care of me.

As the last customer left, Jamie changed the sign from "open" to "closed" before we collapsed onto one of the tables. "I haven't had such a tiring day in a while," Jamie sighed, stretching her legs.

"Stop being lazy. We didn't do that much," I retorted, giving her a playful look.

"Point of correction. You didn't do that much. Logan kept switching the orders to me."

My cheeks heated up at the memory of how he reminded me not to raise my voice or walk too fast. "Well, he knows how to take care of his wife," I mumbled, tucking my hair behind my ears.

"What are you ladies gossiping about?" Logan approached us and placed a mug in front of me.

"What's this?" I examined the contents. It wasn't coffee; it smelled like a mixture of honey and lemon.

"It's herbal tea. I heard it's good for the body." I couldn't help but marvel at how sweet my husband was. I glanced at Jamie, who was busy rolling her eyes. Her action made me let out a light laugh.

"Find yourself a man, my dear best friend," I teased, taking a sip of the tea. The warmth and taste immediately filled my senses.

"Not bad. How did you get it?" I inquired. Logan took his seat.

"It's a secret."

"What! When did we start having secrets between us?" Logan's smile raised a red flag. "Better spill it out," I warned.

"Or else?"

"Wow. You're even challenging me. Or I will—" A wince escaped me when I felt a pain on my lower back.