59. Grandma's outburst

Olivia

"Never mind; I'm sure Grandma was shaken up by the news. You know, this big baby bump is enough to scare her," I said with a laugh, trying to hide my confusion.

Logan held me by the shoulders. "Don't worry. Grandma will be fine. We will explain everything to her later. What you need now is rest. You haven't eaten anything since we left Costa Rica. Your eyes are puffy." I didn't miss the teasing tone in his voice. I threw him a glare in return.

"Whose fault, was it?" I threw.

"What do you mean whose fault? Did you even give me a chance to get you something? When you were literally crying like a kid being deprived of her cookies," he retorted as we made our way out of the hospital. I said nothing in return because he was right. I cried like a river when I got the call. My grandma is the only family I have left after my parents' demise. I was scared when the nurse who had called said she collapsed.

Logan and I managed to spot a restaurant after walking for a while. I hadn't been to the countryside for a while, so I had lost track of a lot of places. But then again, I couldn't forget the route to my grandma's house. "Welcome," an elderly woman who looked to be the same age as my grandma welcomed us.

"Good day, Ma'am," I greeted, proceeding to take my seat while Logan's eyes inspected the place. I didn't blame him; he was used to luxury. I pulled at his shirt. "Have a seat," I mouthed, my eyes going to the woman who was looking at us, perhaps waiting for Logan to take his seat so she could take our order.

Logan cleared his throat and sat down, but his eyes were still assessing the place. "What would you like to order?" the woman broke through the silence.

"What do you have on the house?" I asked, adjusting my sitting position. I didn't miss the way the woman's eyes went down to my belly.

"Since you're pregnant, I'd suggest a light meal. Do you want to try our signature Hungry Man Size noodles?"

"Hungry Man Size? Is there something like that?" I asked, getting curious. I hadn't heard such a name before. The woman let out a smile. "It is a special noodle for couples. I figure it would be good for you considering your condition."

"Wow," I said aloud, sparing Logan a look. "What do you think?" I asked. He shrugged in return. "I'm not sure. As long as it won't affect you."

"Trust me, it won't. I'm a woman, you know. I know things that are good for a pregnant woman. So, are you in?"

"Definitely," I said excitedly. The woman grinned in return. "What about drinks?" she asked.

"I—"

"We will go with water," Logan interjected.

"Alright. Your food will be with you soon," and she walked away.

I turned to Logan with a glare. "What was that?"

"What was what?" The way an amused smile played on his lips indicated he knew what I was referring to.

"Why are you inspecting the place so weirdly? And why did you tell her we will go with water?" I asked both questions. "Remember, this isn't your luxury mansion. We are not in the city but the countryside. You are bound to see local places," I added, using my hand as a way of explaining.

The next thing that followed was his laughter, a genuine sound. "What's funny?"

"Do you seriously think I won't be able to blend with local life? I was just checking the place to make sure it's clean enough for us to dine in. I don't want you having a troubled stomach due to bad food. And to answer your second question, after the long journey, water is what you need."