58. Hospital visit

Olivia

By the time we arrived at the hospital, I was a mess. We had to fly all the way back to New York, to the countryside where she lives. Logan kept assuring me that she will fine, but deep down, I couldn't stay calm.

"My grandmother is admitted here," I said as we approached the reception.

"Name, please."

"Elizabeth Patrick."

"Give me a minute, please," she bowed down to the desktop. "She's in room 4 at the—" I didn't wait to hear her remaining words and sauntered away.

We stepped into the elevator, and I tapped my foot in anxiety. "Calm down, Olivia. I'm sure she'll be fine," I felt Logan's hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know, Logan. I pray so." The elevator door was taking time to open. By the time it did, I wasted no time charging out. I spared each room a glance before stopping at room 4.

My heart quickened as I slowly pulled the door open. As soon as my eyes landed on my grandmother, tears began flowing down. "Grandma!" I charged towards her, wrapping my arms around her.

"You scared me! I thought I wouldn't be able to see you again!" I broke down in tears, tightening my hold around her.

"You're strangling me, girl. Let go of me," she hissed out, jerking my body away. Tears were still streaming down my eyes.

"Are you okay? What did the doctor say? Have you been given injections and drugs?" I bombarded, assessing her body.

"I'm fine. I told that doctor not to call you. I just had a bit of heartburn which made me collapse. It's nothing serious. I won't die when it's not my time," she said.

I shook my head. "You don't look fine to me. Your skin is looking dark. That means you have not been taking care of yourself," I cracked out.

She threw me a glare. "Is it because your skin—what is this I'm seeing!" I was startled at how loud her voice came out.

"You're pregnant!" She exclaimed, her eyes going wide on my baby bump. Damn! I had even forgotten about that.

"I can explain, Grandma—"

"Explain what? How did you end up pregnant? Who is the father? Why didn't you tell me?" She bombarded. Just in time, the door slid open, and Logan stepped in.

"Good day, Grandma," he greeted, flashing a smile.

"Who are you?" she asked, her eyes raking him from head to toe.

Logan marched his way toward her bed and placed a bouquet of flowers next to her. When did he get them?

"I'm Logan," he said, sparing me a look. "Olivia's husband," he added.

"What? Husband? Olivia!" The next thing that followed was a smack on my back.

"What have you been doing in the city, this girl!"

"Grandma, I can explain," I tried to say, but she kept throwing punches at my back.

"Is this how I brought you up?" She threw another one.

"Grandma, calm down, you're unwell. Please," I pleaded, but my grandma wasn't ready to back down.

"How do you expect me to calm down when you show up out of the blue with a big bump and a stranger claiming to be your husband!" she yelled out, hitting me one last time.

"Um.. Grandma-" Logan started, only for her to cut him off. "Shut it there! I'm talking to my granddaughter!" she hissed, throwing Logan a glare, who instantly composed himself.