𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Song: Just Friends by Ally Burron

**

Maxwell Augustus

Maxwell Augustus

And that was it.

The bomb that I knew would one day drop and ruin everything.

Truth is, it's been a week since the moment we were all waiting for.

The day Maxwell Augustus fucked up. I know you may be wondering what exactly happened a week ago from today... Well:

"I haven't seen you all day, did you take your meds?"

"Mmm I promise I was going to but Megz had a mission and it's taking a bit longer than we thought, she handled it though, she's just having a bit too much fun torturing the dude and I have to keep an eye on the street cams until she's done and the body is dealt with."

"Okay... Here, open." He says while placing the bar-like pill to my lips, I oblige, not thinking much of it. "Good, now drink." He says again while placing a bottle of water to my lips, again I obey before realizing what was happening.

"I'm not a child ya know?"

"Oh trust me, I know." He mumbles, but something tells me... I wasn't meant to hear that part. "I know you aren't Max but I also know you and I know you say you would do it after you're done staring at the screens but then you'll forget or something else will come up and it will slip your mind... Just let me take care of you."

"I'm sorry."

"Quit the apologizing Maxie, it's okay... really...." He trails off while running his finger lightly through my hair, "Your face is red, are you feeling okay?"

"Couldn't be better." I whisper in response, nuzzling into his soft touch in the process.

I'm not sure how long I sat there as his eyes lingered on mine, I could have stayed like this forever.

I could have.

But if there is one thing Maxwell Augustus is amazing at, it's fucking everything up.

"You make it difficult to not like you."

"What?"

Shit.

Leave it up to Maxwell Augusts to fuck up one of the few good things in my life, I would say I could have just talked my way out of it and everything was going to be fine but the change in his entire demeanor may just prove — that isn't so simple.

Not that anything in my life really is. It was only a matter of time before every little secret

"I didn't mean to say that."

"Mean to say what, Maxwell?"

"Are you kidding me? Don't be a prick. I already deal with enough of those...." I trail off, "get it... because I'm diabetic."