𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

Song: Home by Cavetown

**

Romeo Ferrari

Romeo Ferrari

He's not speaking.

Well to anyone that isn't his little sister, or daughter? That is still a bit odd to me.

I went into his hospital room to change his omnipod, secretly hoping he would feel more comfortable with me doing it instead of the doctors or nurses that he isn't familiar with.

He didn't push me away, and even lifted his shirt revealing his scarred skin. He's never done that before, but he also didn't look at me, nor did he talk.

I tried to make small talk with him because the silence was killing me, and he didn't even nod, I could tell he was listening by the way his eyebrows would scrunch together when I said something he didn't quite understand, but he never spoke.

I hate feeling so useless, and I don't know what to do for the boy that would never stop speaking.

Even when I was busy with homework my senior year, I would invite him over if I didn't want to sit in silence while studying knowing damn well he would just continue talking. Now I don't know how to get him to start talking.

We don't have to talk about what happened when he blew up on me, we don't have to talk about what happened in that house, we don't have to talk about anything in specific, I just really fucking miss hearing his voice.

He talks to Lisa and that's it.

Never when anyone is in the room, we can only see his lips moving from the window but we can't actually hear him. The hospital is designed that way on purpose so if we are talking about private medical information, nobody in the hall can hear what is happening inside the room.

I even informed him that he and Lisa were moving in with my family and he still didn't speak.

Maxwell Augustus is one to never accept help from anyone, I thought he would argue with the idea but he didn't.

His shoulders dropped down, almost like he was silently relieved, but that was the only reaction I got from him.

I decided to leave him and Lisa be for a minute as I snuck back out of the door and into the hallway.

"It's been bad but never complete silence bad." Megan states as she runs her left hand through her needle straight black hair. "Normally during the really bad days he would scream and cry until he fell asleep, cursing just about everything, he's never completely closed himself off like this." The exhaustion was clear in her tone.

"Why didn't you tell me something was wrong before this shit had to have happened. You're a smart girl Adams. You had to have known it wasn't just going to go away." I didn't mean to fire my frustration at her, and yet I did it anyway.