𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

Song:  I knew I loved you by Savage Garden

**

Maxwell Augustus

Maxwell Augustus

Staring at myself in the full length mirror as I attempt to get dressed.

I can't stop my eyes from tracing all of the imperfections that mark my skin.

From the lump under my armpit where my defibrillator rests. To the countless scars they inflicted on me, to the countless scars I inflicted on myself, to the like green tinge over my rib cage from the bruises that had mostly healed but not completely.

The sight almost makes me nauseous.

"Max, are you ready?" Romeo asked as he walked through my bedroom door.

I quickly cross my arms, in an attempt to hide the scars that line nearly every inch of my stomach and chest. "I just need to finish getting ready... I will be out in a minute."

"Darling, what's wrong? Why do you look like you're about to cry?" He asked while scanning over my face.

"Nothing... I'm fine. I just need to get a shirt."

"Max... Darling... we said there would be no more lies, please tell me what's going on."

"It's stupid." I mumble.

"Nothing you say is stupid, especially if it has you so worked up, talk to me."

"I just... I can't remember the last time I looked in a mirror." I sigh, "how do you look at this?" I add while tightening my arms around myself.

He sighs while shaking his head lightly, "I happen to think you are stunning my love."

Romeo slowly walks closer to me, placing his lips on mine, "so handsome." He whispers before deepening the kiss.

⚠️⚠️

"Don't hide from me." Romeo mumbles as his warm breath meets the soft skin of my neck. "You never have to hide from me." He says before removing my arms from around myself and revealing my scarred skin.

His lips trail from my jawline down to the scars that line my torso before resting a kiss on every single one of them, "you are so beautiful." He continues to whisper against my skin causing my pants to suddenly tighten and a small whimper left my lips.

"You're the beautiful one." I hate how weak my voice sounded in that moment, almost vulnerable sounding and if it was anyone else, I would panic.

However, Romeo Ferarri is far from anyone else.

His soft hands caressed my bare chest, feeling it rise and fall with every breath.

Slowly pushing me back onto the cloud like bed, silently praying this goes where I have been hoping to go, I feel undeniably safe while with him — or in this case under him.