~12~

"...ryl"

"....eryl"

"Beryl!!"

The omega snapped out of his thoughts and turned to the she alpha calling him.Esme waved her hand in front of the omega.Beryl swatted her hand away,her hand movement making Beryl dizzy.

"You alright? You seem out of it"Esme glanced at her friend.She was concerned.He always paid attention to whatever she said.She'd never seen him so lost in thought.

"Oh.... I'm fine,just a stray thought"

"That must be some thought to have you look so dazed"

Beryl just smiled and went back to kneading the dough.After that night,that stranger has been on his mind every time.This is the first time a person has taken over his thoughts this much.He didn't get any of it.

Maybe it happens to omegas?

...

No way,that would just be wierd.He shook his head and focused on shaping the dough into heart shaped cookies

His phone buzzed in his pocket,he stopped to clean his hands and pulled out his phone,his mother's caller ID showing.He beamed and quickly answered the call.He missed his mom soo much after he left his father's house.Of course his father forbid her from visiting her own son just because of pride.

"Hey Mom"The omega greeted

"Beryl my sweet baby,how are you?Are you fine? You're not sick? Should I come visit you? No I'm comi-"

"I'm fine, it's great to hear from you mom and no I'm not sick, just fine"

"Oh... well that's great.Did anyone come to see you?"His mom asked

Silence

"Beryl dear....are you there?"lnez called over the phone.She knew Damien went over to convince him to come back home.And she knows that Beryl won't agree to it.He never does

"Damien did"

Inez sighed.Truly,being an elite is nothing but a curse.She wished her son didn't have to go through what she went through and she hates the fact that she can't do anything to help him.

"Your father won't stop.You know that"

The omega hummed."Yes,I just love seeing him frustrated"

Inez chuckled"Guess we both get some fun out of it"

Beryl thought long and hard before asking his mother the question.Maybe it happened to her too.She is a dominant as well.But he'll ask her in person.It'd be nice to see her again.

"Can we meet? There's something I want to ask you"

"Oh... okay,but why not over the phone?"

"This isn't something I can just ask over the phone mom"

"Alright honey.I'm sure you're busy so we'll talk later,okay?"

"Okay,bye mom.Love you"Beryl ended the call with a sigh.He wants to tell her,but there's this uncomfortable feeling he's getting from the idea of telling his mother.

It can't be that bad....right?

No no no,he can't jinx it.

Whatever happens, happens.

*★*★*★*★*★*

Mason watched as the male omega served a tray of drinks to a table of highschoolers, smiling brightly while giving each of them their drinks.

The beta sighed,propping his chin on his arm.He's been crazy about him since his college days and envied those who were on the receiving end of Beryl's smile.

His thoughts ran back to last night,when he saw Beryl out cold on the floor of his kitchen,blood smeared on the wall.He wanted to ask what happened but he knows he won't get a straight answer.Asking Esme to find out wasn't the solution either.But what frustrated him was the scent of pheromones in the room.Another thing was that it wasn't Esme's or Beryl's pheromones.

Mason was angry,angry that something happened and he couldn't stop it.Most of all he was angry at Beryl that he couldn't just say what happened and instead lie to him.

He sighed,but what can he do? He's not the boyfriend,just a friend.A great friend.Beryl made it clear that he wasn't interested in him romantically so normally,the right thing to do was to stop having those feelings for the omega.

But he's stupid like that

Incredibly and hopelessly stupid

★«.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.»★

The last customer left, signalling the chime of the bell.Beryl sighed and leaned against the counter,tired and hungry.Esme came out of the kitchen,her hair in a bun under a hairnet.Mason wiped the last table clean and walked over to the counter, pinching the omega's cheek.

"Ow! That hurt!"Beryl huffed, rubbing is cheeks

"But they're so soft"Mason chuckled, pinching his cheeks.Beryl slapped his hand, protectively holding his cheeks.

"Stop it,I haven't forgotten how you made me drink that horrible tea"Beryl glared at the beta who just chuckled.Esme glanced between them before clearing her throat.

"It's closing time"

Mason moved away from Beryl

"I.... I'll be going"Esme looked between them before,eyes lingering on Mason longer before hanging her apron in the kitchen and leaving.

"I'll be leaving too"Mason said before leaving, leaving the omega confused.

Walking home,he mentally facepalmed before walking into a pole.He winced, rubbing his head and cussing before hitting his head on it again.He needed the pain

Stupid Stupid Stupid

You're an idiot! A colossal one

What the hell was that?! Esme almost found out! Stop having feeling stupid me

Stop Bang having Bang feelings

Mason heaved a breath.This is too tiring.

Plugging in his airpods,Teeth by 5 Seconds of Summer started to play and he hummed to the song.He noticed a black van parked at the other side of the road.No one was getting out and he started to get a bad feeling.He waited and saw two guys in black step out.

"Where did you see him go?"One in black asked the other.

"I don't know,not a lot of people own a red Camry"

Red Camry, that's what Beryl drives!

One of them smacked the other in head
"You idiot! If we don't find him the boss will have our heads!" He hissed

This is bad,Beryl might be in danger.

The two men kept talking,then entered the van and drove towards the cafe.

Mason followed them,that's stupid... that's what he is... Stupid

A/N

I'm really really really sorry 😐

Thanks for reading 🦋

*Passes out*