~13~

Mason ran as fast as he could back to the cafe.He got there on time to see Beryl locking up the storage room.They haven't arrived yet,good.The doorbell chimed as Mason entered the cafe.

"Sorry but we're closed, please come back t–.... Mason? What are you–"

Mason walked over to him and clamped his hands over the omega's mouth,dragging him under the counter and turned off the lights.Beryl struggled to remove the beta hand but Mason was strong,his struggles were barely visible to the beta.

Beryl was confused and angry,very close to pinching the beta when he heard two men enter the cafe.He looked up at the beta,Mason put a finger on his lips.

"I'll explain everything,just trust me"He whispered

The two men entered the cafe and talked to each other

"His car is still here,keep looking"

"What if he just left it here?"

"You idiot! Who would leave a car like that anywhere?"

"Maybe he's loaded enough..."

There was a slapping sound and one of the men groaned.

"Shut up and keep looking"

Mason held his breath, silently praying they were not noticed.The cafe was deathly quiet,till the bell chimed and a car was heard driving away.

Mason sighed and let go of the omega, leaning on the wall.

"What's going on? Who are they?"Mason didn't look at him and kept his gaze away from Beryl.He was glad he came on time before anything happened.Maybe it was his brother,elites do have the habit of taking part in a lot of vile activities and still claim to be saints in the eyes of others.

"I heard them talking about someone driving a Red Camry,and you're the only one I know driving that car"

Beryl sighed and leaned against the wall,it could be his father....or Walters son.What was his name again?

Clayton? Carlson?

Or was it Damien?

Damien couldn't do that, he's a puppet alright... just not a mindless one.

"Was it him?"

"Maybe"he replied.Beryl brought his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them.Why can't he just be free,he didn't ask for any of this.

Maybe everything would be better if he just goes back....sure he'll be punished for leaving but it's better than hiding like a criminal.

"Stop what you're thinking"

"I'm not–"

"Don't act dumb with me Beryl, I won't let you go back"

Beryl huffed,digging his chin into his chest.

"There's no other choice,if I don't go back my dad will pull something again.Next time it could be you or Esme facing the brunt of it...I don't want to live with that"

He was right.His dad is bound to do something again.He couldn't think to see his two friends caught up in his family drama.

Mason sighed"Let's get you home, I'm not leaving you to go by yourself"

He got up and pulled the omega up with him.He checked to see if the two men were around,with the coast clear he pulled Beryl with him to his car and sat in the driver's seat.Beryl frowned and got out of the car.

"It's my car Mason,I should be the one driving"

"But I'm the one sending you home, so be a good passenger prince and sit down"