~26~

Mason's POV

The moment I opened my eyes the memory from last night came flooding back. I turned to see Damien in my bed and still asleep, his arm around my waist.

Why is he in my bed?

The light from the window casted a pretty shadow on his face. His bed hair was wild and untamed. I traced my fingers along his jawline, his lips, the tiny hairs on his chin. He stirred a little but didn't wake up, snoring softly. I tapped his nose and he groaned, pulling me closer to him

"Five more minutes Angel"

Slow down heart, slow down.

"Y-you have a bed, in the spare bedroom" He sighed and hugged me tighter.

"But you're not in it"

It's too early for this. Stop making my heart flutter.

I untangled myself from his hold and went to the bathroom, locking the door. Looking in the mirror my face was beet red down to my neck. Damien was outside knocking non stop.

"Please open the door angel. Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I did, please open the door"

I was finding it very hard to reel it all in. This was going too fast. I wasn't ready to let him in yet. Damien told me everything last night and he slept over.... in the spare bedroom. I woke up to see him beside me, how that happened I have no idea. Damien was still outside, knocking and calling me to come out. If I don't  now he's going to keep knocking till the door falls down. I took a deep breath and opened the door to see Damien ready to knock again. He took me by surprise and cradled my face in his arms. His hazel eyes were clouded with worry

"Are you okay?" He murmured rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

"Y-yeah I'm... I'm fine" I whispered. A small smile formed on his lips and he kissed me on the forehead.

"I have to go to work Angel. I'll come pick you up for dinner, is that okay?"

"Dinner.... dinner is...is okay. Dinner is good" My mind was so jumbled up I didn't register the words I said. What happened to not forgiving him too soon. But right now, even though there's a chance he's going to break me again I'll give it one last time. I'm stupid, yeah.

Don't we all do stupid things for love?

He hurriedly dressed up and kissed my cheek before leaving.

Why does he keep doing that

"So that's new"  Beryl's voice startled me. I turned to see him with some guy my height with dirty blonde hair and a tattoo of a lion on his arm.

"How did you get in? And who is that?!" Beryl rolled his eyes and handed me a key. My key. The one I lost some weeks ago.

"You–"

"Be glad I was the one who saw it" I rolled my eyes and snatched the key from him. I gave the guy behind Beryl a once over and he winked at me.

"I'm Lucas, his temporary babysitter"

"Temporary babysitter?" I turned to look at Beryl for answers. He must've done something to piss off his mate. I wouldn't put it past him

"I didn't do anything, other than fumble his side peice. He didn't want me to leave so Lucas had to come with me"

Side peice? I won't even ask

"I'll see you at the cafe, I'll explain everything" Beryl murmured and left, Lucas following in suit.

Beryl's POV

Lucas grumbled in annoyance as he removed the tenth batch of scones and left them out to cool

"How do you do this everyday?" He fumed, glaring at the scones. I rolled my eyes and swatted his hand from snatching a scone. What a hypocrite.

"Because I do. And the scones aren't for you, they're for the customers" he rolled his eyes and folded his arms, leaning against the counter.

"Since when did I become the unpaid help?"

"Since Bruce made me your new job" He rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time and swiped a scone from the tray quickly taking a bite. He reached for another one and his arm got smacked again.

"At least let me take a few. It's payment for putting me through this"

Lucas and I were the only ones in the cafe that day. Esme called in saying she was in Paris with her mate Laelia and Mason mentioned of being sick and 'unable to move'

I didn't even have to ask why

Lucas bought the house beside mine and stayed there since he didn't want to make his boss, or in this case my mate misunderstand anything. I trudged upstairs to my bedroom and fell face first. I was too tired to change and feel asleep starfish on the bed.

My father was in the kitchen with a bottle of whiskey when I woke up the next day.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't even try to look surprised. What really would surprise me is that he didn't do anything about my kidnapping. I'm positive he's done a background check on Bruce.

"Stay away from that alpha. I don't like him"

"You disowned me, remember? Or did you forget out of old age?" The veins in his head were close to bursting. He didn't like it if you mentioned anything about his age. Not that he's that old, he's actually pretty okay for his age.

"I haven't disowned you. You left" I rolled my eyes at that. Okay I did leave, but he said I shouldn't come back. So technically he has disowned me.

"That alpha you don't like is my mate. I'm not going to stay away from him just because you dislike him"

André Quinn looked like he wanted to say something but kept it to himself. He knows that no matter what he says I'll just ignore him.

He got up and took the bottle with him, handing it to me before he left.

Well that's new

A/N
Thanks for reading 🦋