10

ALL I DO{ irl }

ALL I DO
{ irl }

matt shoves through the hall, looking for a certain face – his face. he knows that chris and camille meet up in the same spot every day. he's heading there now, knowing that he should see them any minute now. but they see him first.

"speak of the devil." camille says from behind matt. he spins around, seeing camille and chris standing with their arms crossed the same exact way. "we were just talking about you, matthew."

"why?" he asks, even though he already knows the answer.

"maybe because we've been interrogated by a bare minimum of a thousand people this morning." chris says.

"don't lie." matt says. "you hardly even know twenty people."

"that's not the point." chris responds, waving his hand at him dismissively. "the point is that everyone was asking if you and niola are dating. what am i supposed to say to that!? 'no, guys, sorry. my brother is too much of a chicken shit to admit his feelings to the girl he's been obsessing over for the past few years'."

"no." matt shrugs. "you tell them that we are dating."

at the same exact time, chris and camille's jaws drop dramatically. camille's eyes widen, but she suddenly begins to giggle like a fangirl who has just been noticed by her idol. "you told her!?  oh, please please please don't tell me you just texted her or some shit. girls want the confession to be romantic, trust me. also–"

"shush!" matt interrupts her, putting his hand up to silence her. chris slaps his hand down and glares at him for being so harsh. "just let me explain, will you?"

"please do." chris and camille reply in unison. they look at each other and grin at how in synch they are, finding it cool. but it's actually just because they're madly in love. which is causing them to copy everything the other does subconsciously. their even copying their own stupidity.

"she needed an excuse to make zade leave her alone, so she told him that she had a boyfriend. and he immediately assumed it was me. so, being the bitch he is, told the entire school that she and i were dating. the news spread like wildfire and now everyone is freaking out. especially since we're known for hating each other." matt explains. "niola and i talked this morning and decided to just roll with the rumors to avoid ant further drama."

camille's eyes light up and she begins stomping her feet like an excited toddler. "that's what the main couple did in my favorite rom-com novel!"

"what're you talking about?" matt asks.

"they hated each other in the beginning, they started fake dating, then they fell in love.it's my favorite trope ever!" camille explains, jumping up and down happily. suddenly, the smile on her face disappears and she glares at matt. "and you better treat niola like she's a fucking queen, you hear me?"