18

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ messages , irl }

miss poseyjanette posey (niola's neighbor)
Niola Silvers — niola

Niola Silvers
i'm so sorry to ask you this, miss posey, but would you mind watching rayne for a few extra hours tonight?
i promise to pay you extra
and i'll text you half an hour before i pick her up

miss posey
Of course, my dear. Rayne is an absolute angel and I would love to help you out.
There's no need to pay me anything extra.

Niola Silvers
that means a lot but i would never be able to ask you for a favor without giving you something in return

miss posey
You're already giving me a gift!!
Which is the gift of hanging out with Rayne everyday.

Niola Silvers
thank you so so much for everything, miss posey

miss posey
Just call me Janette, my dear.
It's my name after all.

Niola Silvers
thank you janette
and you'll still be getting extra money, by the way
regardless of your declinations

miss posey
Oh, I don't doubt it.
When you set your mind to something, Niola, it's nearly impossible to convince you out of your decision.
Even when I was watching you when you were just an itty bitty toddler, you had the hottest temper and the most determined mind.
That's what I adore the most about you.

"ugh, i'm so glad your neighbor agreed to watch your sister tonight!" nick admits, flipping down onto his bed.

niola and camille walk into his room behind him. camille is used to coming over so she is quick to make herself at home. but niola isn't used to this. so she just stands in the doorway awkwardly. once nick notices niola's hesitation, he calls her over with his hand.

niola walks over to his bed and sits on the edge, still feeling kind of awkward.

camille flops down next to nick, sprawling out across the mattress as nick does the same. meanwhile, niola continues to sit on the edge, laughing a little as she watches them.

camille glances at nick and they nod, seeming to have spoken without saying any words.

within a split second, they both grab niola by the torso and drag her down onto the bed with them. she shrieks, falling backward and laying between the two.

she erupts into a fit of laughter, making nick and camille laugh along with her.

the sound of niola laughing is foreign to camille and nick since the only time they ever see her is on the way home every day. and even then, the only person she feels comfortable talking to is matt. which means they've hardly even heard her voice therefore her laughter was out of the question.

despite matt and niola seeming to be pretty close friends to everyone else, he's also rarely heard her laugh. niola is generally a very closed-off person. she doesn't frequent in shenanigans like flailing around and laughing like a child.

but due to her lack of it, childishness is exactly what her heart is secretly craving — a little getaway with friends where she can be herself. where she can ignore all of her worries and simply let loose.

as matt passes nick's bedroom, his entire body freezes at the sound of niola's laugh.

"she was quieter than usual in the car today. it's good to see that she's not upset anymore." chris says from behind matt, making his brother jump. "speaking of which, do you know why she seemed so down? she and i aren't friends or anything, but i'm still worried."

matt sighs, returning his gaze back to nick's closed bedroom door — where he can still hear them laughing from inside. "no. i have no idea why she was acting like that."

"maybe the party will cheer her up." chris assures matt, patting him on the shoulder twice before walking down the hall and into his own room.

.∘◦❀◦∘.
a/n : i've got nothing to say here‼️
sorry for the short chapter this is more focused on their feelings for each other growing even more rather than the actual plot
◦∘.❀.∘◦