26

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

matt looks around miss posey's house in amazement. he was lying about the whole history thing, but after he's gotten a look at the interior design? matt might actually start studying the house's history.

despite the beauty of miss posey's house, matt focuses on niola. every time she stumbles — even the slightest bit — he automatically reaches for her.

niola has yet to notice matt's efforts as she ventures farther and farther into the house, knowing exactly where rayne resides.

at the same time niola gets dismissed from school, miss posey is working in her office while rayne is taking a nap in the bedroom down the hall. since it's nighttime, niola is certain that rayne was put to sleep in that same room she takes her nap in. she would simply walk in and take rayne, not wanting to disturb miss posey. but she feels the need to explain all of this to the poor woman.

miss posey always goes out of her way to help niola out whenever it's needed. but niola feels like she very rarely helps her in return. the absolute least she could do is tell her why she's so late and offer her some extra cash for the overtime.

"this house is stunning," matt murmurs, walking only a few inches behind niola. "i feel like i would be tainting the beauty of the home simply by stepping foot on such clean wooden floors."

"even if your presence bothers miss posey, she would never say anything rude to you aloud." niola informs him, quietly opening the door to rayne's napping room.

truth is, miss posey lives in a literal mansion. her husband was a millionaire and when he died, he left his fortune to his wife — miss posey — which has caused her to have such a wonderful lifestyle and home. her husband died at the age of 30 due to an uncommon illness. the couple had been planning to have children, but never got the chance because of his life being taken so early.

her husband's death is what makes miss posey love spending so much time with rayne. she enjoys taking care of other people's children since she wasn't able to have any of her own.

it's a tragic story, but the tragedy is what made miss posey into the woman she is today. despite the sadness of her past, she'll forever be grateful for the lesson she learned from it — which is to cherish the time with the people you care about while you can. because they can be ripped from your grasp before you know it.

"is this room dedicated to rayne?" matt asks niola, looking around at the nursery.

the walls are beautifully decorated for a child, with little sheep scattered across the surface. the floors are carpeted so as to comfort a fall that a child is likely to take. and in the corner is a large crib, stars dangling above the child's pillow.