𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟒

We arrive outside the airport, and I'm cuddled up against Marcus. "Marcus, can you put me down?" I place my hand on his chest and lightly tap him. His eyes go to my hand resting on his chest and then make their way up my arm and to my eyes. Our gazes meet, causing us to stare at one another for a long, tense moment. We exchange unspoken emotions, our eyes serving as vessels for our unsaid desires. The tension rises as the silence is filled with electric energy, causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end. Breaking the silence, Marcus clears his throat, a subtle sign of his inner conflict. "Of course, Luce dei miei occhi." It is then that I notice his once striking red eyes have turned into an inky, opaque black. A wave of curiosity mixed with concern washes over me. I can't help but wonder: Is he hungry? Is his change related to his insatiable vampiric thirst?

In front of us was a huge white jet. "Is this rented?" I inquired as I made my way toward it. "Of course not, Vita Mia; we own it," Jane responds matter-of-factly, as if owning a private jet was an everyday occurrence for her. My eyes widened, and I blinked in disbelief. The idea of the Volturi just casually owning this flying marvel was enough to leave me speechless. As I'm about to answer her with a comment of my own, Alec steps in front of her. With a smile on his face, he extended his hand toward me. "Why don't we make our way up the stairs, love?" he suggested. Caught between the shocking presence of the aircraft and Alec's charming gesture, I nodded in agreement, my heart pounding in excitement. I reached out and grasped his outstretched hand, feeling sparks as our skin touched.

Together, we made our way up the staircase, each step leading us closer to a whole new world of luxury and opulence. The glossy white interior of the jet, with its elegance, invites us to explore and indulge in the finest comforts known to man. As we stepped foot inside, a sense of awe washed over me. It's a momentous occasion for me, since I haven't had the opportunity to travel in such lavishness since the Cullens typically choose to travel alongside humans.

For quite some time, I have conjured images in my mind of what the interior of a private jet would be like—a place where extravagance and comfort seamlessly intertwine. Little did I know that my imagination would pale in comparison to the reality that lies before me. The outside appearance of the jet could not possibly prepare me for the splendor that awaits within these walls. As I timidly move further, cautiously drinking in the surroundings, I am struck by the unexpected expanse that unfurls before my very eyes. Spaciousness pervades every corner, effortlessly accommodating our every desire and transcending the limits of conventional travel. From the moment I step foot onto its polished floors and breathe in the scent of decadence, it becomes abundantly clear that no expense has been spared, and no detail has been overlooked in the creation of this floating sanctuary.

Undoubtedly, each element within this airplane has been meticulously chosen and crafted to exude an undeniable air of generosity. Gilded fixtures glimmer in the soft, ambient light, casting an ethereal glow and evoking a sense of grandeur. Plush, sumptuous upholstery invites me to sink into its embrace, assuring me that every moment spent aboard this vessel will be one of unparalleled enjoyment. My expectations have been far surpassed. Indeed, it is impossible to fathom anything less from the Volturi. With their reputation for possessing a need for sophistication and refinement, it comes as no surprise that even their means of transportation would embody these traits. From the impeccably designed cabin to the enchanting feeling that surrounds every inch, this private jet stands as a testimony to the Volturi's unparalleled power and extravagance.

I hear a cough from behind me; instinctively, I turn my body in the direction of the sound, only to find myself face-to-face with Aro's chest. This amusing turn of events elicits a cute giggle from him, displaying his playful nature. I slowly move my eyes up to his and realize that the rest of my mates are observing the situation from behind him. Feeling slightly embarrassed, I maintain eye contact with Aro, my sheepishness visible. Aro happily rests his hands on my shoulders and carefully turns me around, ensuring that not a single inch of his skin comes into contact with my exposed flesh.