𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟑

After an exhausting and anxiety-filled period of three seemingly endless days of constant pursuit, Demetri's efforts eventually led him to find out the location of Rosalie and her abductors. In this critical moment, however, there remained a lingering uncertainty, casting a shadow of doubt over the intentions behind this revelation. Could it be that this discovery was a ruse, cunningly planned to lure us into a trap with the ultimate goal of our demise? Alternatively, a more hopeful possibility emerged, suggesting that the vampire responsible for concealing their existence by utilizing their gift might have encountered limitations in its application. Naturally, our collective aspirations clung tightly to the latter scenario, hoping that this apparent fragility in the vampire's abilities would pave the way for our successful rescue mission.

We were wrong.

Our plan went to shit as we stood in an isolated clearing located in Romania, staring into the eyes of the Romanian brothers, who sported victorious smirks on their faces. Although my attention was divided, oscillating between two other vampires, Rosalie, and my bastard stepfather. A surge of anger and resentment consumed me as I recalled the immense pain inflicted by this man, who had shamelessly taken advantage of my innocence and shattered my trust. "Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in, or should I say what Dolion dragged in?" With a disconcertingly wide smirk that paralleled the enigmatic grin of the infamous Cheshire Cat, Stefan gestured toward the presence of my former stepfather. "Ah, so he's the one with the gift." Aro's words were laced with anger. My feet instinctively guided me to Aro, and my hand reached for his clenched one. It must be difficult for him to control his anger as he finally bears witness to that disgusting son of a bitch. I told my mates about my past, but Aro watched my suffering; he felt it. Our plan also flew out the window.

"I'm okay," I said with a determined smile. I was unwilling to show weakness. To maintain my composure, I focused on controlling the erratic beats of my heart, desperately hoping they wouldn't betray the fear and anxiety that I felt. As I averted my gaze, my eyes landed on Rosalie, her expression reflecting her deep-seated fear, which seemed to be solely directed at Emmet. Aro returned to his usual calm and reassuring manner: "We can discuss this matter, Vladimir, Stefan." He gently released his grip on my hand and took a few steps away from where we stood.

Just like the rest of the Volturi, I too donned a cloak. It was a black cloak, accentuated by an underneath layer of vibrant red fabric, which added an intriguing twist to its allure. And of course, the Volturi crest necklace hung from my neck, its presence emanating power and authority. Vladimir and Stefan cackled as if Aro had shared the most side-splitting joke imaginable. I could feel my blood begin to simmer within me, a seething anger gradually pulsating through my veins. "I am only giving you one last chance to surrender." Aro's words, laced with impatience, hung heavy in the air, casting a tension-filled aura over the clearing. Time was of the essence, and we were all aware that our patience was waning. Intrigued and slightly flustered by the unexpected reaction from Vladimir and Stefan, I observed their animated exchange of glances, a silent communication unfolding between them. It was then that I noticed Vladimir slowly lifting his hand and curling his fingers into a tight fist, akin to a hidden signal only they understood.

One of the Romanians' huge bodyguards moved to Rosalie's side and forcefully shoved her in the back. Undeterred by this display of aggression, Rosalie maintained her composure and pride, striding towards the Romanian brothers. She stopped a short distance away from the menacing duo. Stefan swiftly closed the gap and delivered a vicious blow to her face, leaving a trail of unsightly cracks etched across her once-flawless cheeks. I heard hisses from all around me. With an iron grip, Stefan unforgivingly forced Rosalie onto her knees, firmly rooting her in place against her will, a sight that added another layer of depravity to the already distressing scene. Emmet had to be held back by Felix and Carlisle. "Please, just listen to me," Emmet desperately pleaded, his voice quivering with emotion. His sole desire was to retrieve his beloved Rose, to ensure her safety and well-being, and to hold her once again within the comforting embrace of his arms. Every fiber of his being yearned for a glimpse of her radiant smile, to hear the melodious sound of her voice, and to feel her familiar, cold body beside him. A sinister grin spread across Vladimir's face. With his icy fingers coiling tightly around Rose's head.