ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

[SPOILERS AHEAD!]

It was a regular old fashioned day on earth-928 with spider variants coming in and out of the dimension like always. In the lab was where the go home machine was and it was built to send the captured anomaly's back to their own dimension where they belong. The process was a bit disturbing to watch but it was the only effective method Miguel had created so far.

The lab was mostly always empty except for when they hauled in anomaly's or someone wanted to dig their nose into some files. M/n currently sat on one of the chairs around the control panels with Miguel in front of him fiddling with the dimensional travel watch on his wrist. His was a bit more...complicated than what others would wear.

M/n's situation was a bit more jumbled than just coming from another world and preventing one's self from glitching in another dimension by wearing the watch.

But that's a story for a later date.

Kess came over with a tray of tools and sat down on a stool, bringing up some hologram screens and tapping on the keypad before moving it down besides M/m's wrist. It was a comfortable silence as the two worked on programming different sequences in the code layered in M/n's watch.

Lyla also appeared at some time and assisted Miguel in moving the wires correctly. Lyla and Miguel are the ones who created the watches so naturally they'd be the one to handle any problems with them, especially M/n's.

The device had a few fades and scratches from obvious handling and touching but M/n never saw a reason to fix them, he liked the look.

"There. That should do it," Kess finished it off with a smile but it turned downwards after seeing M/n's solemn face. "For now." She added softly.

Miguel didn't say anything continuing to stay hunched over and holding M/n's hand. The h/c make knew what he was gonna say before Miguel could even think of the phrase. "It can only hold for so long." They both spoke together, Miguel looking up and capturing M/n's eyes in a worried gaze.

Kess understood it was appropriate to give them some time alone so she stood up to put the tools away. Both of them sat there for a while just holding each other's hands in contemplation while Kess pondered on with her business around the console, occasionally sneaking a glance and smiling at the two.

"How's Gwen doing so far?" M/n asked suddenlyas he knew Miguel had worked with Gwen a few times on missions but the girl mostly was with Jess and some others like Hobie who'd she'd become close friends with alongside Pavitr.

The larger male hummed. "She's been working hard, I can tell she likes Jess whenever the woman does something cool in front of her." He replied, not at all sounding interested.

M/n chuckled but was glad that the girl was getting more comfortable with the them. It was better for her to be here than try to resolve her problem at home when she could let off some steam then attempt to rekindle the relationship at a later time. It was for the best and M/n understood her situation perfectly, because the same thing happened with him and his mother.

He came back to reality when Miguel suddenly stood up and he saw Lyla was telling him something.

"I'm sorry, what?" Miguel yelled and looked at the hologram in disbelief. "Hey, hey. what's wrong?" M/n pushed himself up and Miguel just shut his eyes and rubbed his temple now clearly distressed.