ꜱɪx

[SPOILERS AHEAD!]

Shooting across the Multiverse was always exhilarating  for M/n and could possibly never get old. The five of them flew through the red tunnel and they all landed next to each other on a moving platform that seemed like it was going down. It was dark with red flashes while Hobie took off his mask and Miles stared in disbelief at the man.

"How are you even cooler under this mask?" He asked and Hobie smirked. "I was this cool the whole time." He stated in a matter of fact tone.

M/n rolled his eyes with a grin and Miles turned around to walk closer to the edge before gasping quietly at the view in front of him. They were actually upside down and could see most of the city of Nueva York, the futuristic dimension of 2099.

"Dang."

"Hey," Gwen nudged her head to the door once the elevator stopped. "This way."

The group walked through the hallway and into a smaller section of the building where a few spider hairnets were gathered. "Yo! This place is wild." Miles gaped with a grin and did a few turns to look at every inch of the place in excitement.

"Any sign of Spot?" Jess questioned someone who called out the same question and suddenly multiple spider variants threw out answers or questions. "Oh great, anybody else got jokes?" Jess chuckled and they went under a large group.

"This is unbelievable!" Miles put his hands on his head with a large smile and Gwen smirked. "This is the lobby," His eyes went wide at the even larger room when they stopped at the edge.

"Welcome to spider society." She spoke softly.

The humongous room was incredibly overwhelming for Miles and seeing all the variants swing across the walkways, talk to each other, or just wander was nothing he could've imagined. It's possibly the best thing he's ever seen. They made their way into one of the walkways and Miles was preoccupied with looking everywhere.

M/n gently guided the boy by his shoulders at the same time when he wasn't looking at people about to run into him.

"Bit much, innit?" Hobie held a blank look, hands in pockets as he strolled past Miles not too impressed by the place. "So what happened to that small elite strike force?" Miles asked Gwen who responded quickly, "A lot of these are part time."

The four went ahead leaving Miles to stand there with a doubtful look. "Gwendy, how much have you told him?" Hobie started, "Hm? Bout his place in all this?" Just as he finished Miles glitched out, kneeling on the floor from the pain.

M/n frowned as Jess threw him a day pass, Miles mistaking it for a watch.

"My own watch!"

"It's a day pass." Jess corrected and Miles sighed in disappointment. "It's to stop you from glitching out in the meantime." M/n held out a hand to help Miles stand and then continued on to Miguel's office.

A group of spiders marched in a soldier-like fashion passing them, saying their hellos. Miles tried to introduce himself but ended up being ignored by most. Jess called over the spider car and instructed a few others to try and fix the Spot mess.

"I wouldn't call it a mess, more like a success in progress." Miles grinned like the name was any better.

"Ben I need you to—"

The Scarlet Spider interrupted Jess quickly, "Sorry. Can't talk right now, thinking about my past." He held onto the wall with a pout.

"Actually we need you here for some reason." Ben shouted in agony at that. "That was a particularly harrowing memory."

"Is he okay?" Miles recoiled when a horse neighed in his face. A cowboy spiderman sat on his horse and spoke in a deep voice. "Hey, names web-slinger" the horse then began its assault on Miles' face.

"Why does the horse need a mask?"

"To conceal her face."

"Wha.?"

"It's best to not question anything." M/n whispered to him and they found their way into the room where the anomaly's were held for the time before they would be sent back home. Miles stared at one with confusion as Lyla popped up.

"Anomaly's. Folks who wound up in the wrong dimension."

"Kick their butts and send them home."

Gwen nudged Miles' shoulder, "They're not very interesting." She shrugged and Lyla started introducing a few that the society had captured. Including a Prowler.

Miles stopped at that as Gwen quickly added, "Not your prowler."

"Hey." Miles said and the man greeted him back. He kept staring till the prowler got annoyed. "It's rude to stare."

"Caught that one myself." Hobie stated.

"You? Okay I did all the work, you!—" Gwen huffed.

"How many missions have you been in together?" Miles asked with a frown. "A few," "Couple dozen." They replied at the same time.

"That's cool." Miles threw his hands up and accidentally bumped into Kess. He quickly apologised then smiled at her. "I'm Spider-Man."

"Ohh, no way. All of us are."

"Can we just keep moving?" Gwen rolled her eyes and Miles made a sound of surprise when Kess moved to the console in a hologram like fashion. "Woah, what are you?"

"I'm an avatar!" Kess moved around whilst introducing herself. "My body is back in my parents' dimension, chilling in my gaming chair eating Doritos." a screen came up showing her body and the sound of yelling was barely audible.

"Being here is better."

"Hear that." His attention was drawn to the machine spider that started crawling out of the roof and became curious. "What's that?"

"Apart from having a great name." Hobie smirked. "Go home machine." M/n crossed his arms in distaste.

"What I say, ay?"

"I voted against it."

They watched the robotic legs move in a web formation as panels of different colours appeared. "It detects whatever dimension your DNA is from and sends you there." Kess explained.

"It's super humane and not creepy." Hobie said but all five starred with wide eyes as the anomaly screamed and glitched before large amounts of bright lights flashed scarily and then it disappeared before going back to normal.

"It's the only method Miguel came up with that's actually worked." M/n sighed and turned around as a signal for them to keep moving.

"So, see you around?" Miles smiled at Kess until Gwen shot web on his back and pulled him away as Kess replied,  "Good luck out there man."

"Okay bye!"

Being sick sucks and being sick whilst also having exams is worse 🥲 short chapter but y'all need something

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed :)