ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

[Don't really need spoiler warning, the movies basically everywhere now :p]

"WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN?" Came Miles' response but no one replied. Miguel just kept silent watching the teen—basically everyone was standing a short distance away while M/n was closest. Miles turned around, shrugging his arms in frustration. "When does it happen?" He asked again, impatience running through him.

"In two days." Lyla appeared on Miguel's shoulder, "At least, that's what the model says." She finished leaving Miles to start to panic.

"Send me home!"

Miguel shook his head. "I can't do that. Not now."

Shaking his head, Miles walked up to Miguel. "So what am I supposed to do then? Let him die?" His question was rhetorical but Miguel still looked at him knowingly which made Miles recoil in disgust.

"What about your dad? He's a captain? Right?" Miles now asked Gwen who didn't answer straight away.

"Yeah."

"And that's it? You're just not going to do anything about it?"

Gwen faced the floor again not wanting to see Miles' reaction but the boy didn't want to give up. "What about uncle Ben? That'd been okay if you'd knew and you just...let it play out?!" Miles went up to Peter this time.

"If not for uncle Ben," Peter placed his hand on Miles' shoulder. "Most of us wouldn't be here, Miles."

More screens of spider-man popped up, an orange background glowing around them. "And all the good we did, it wouldn't have been done." Miles started nodding his head, tilting his head up to Peter.

"So we're just supposed to let people die because some algorithm!—" miles shoved Peter off to point accusingly at Miguel. "Says that that's supposed to happen?" Lyla held her hands up in offence.

"You realise how messed up that sounds right?"

"You have a choice to save one person or an entire world, every world." Miguel responded.

"I can do both! Spider-man always—"

"Not always." Peter cut off Miles.

"Miles," Miguel put a gentle hand on the teens shoulder, "We all want to live the life we wish we had. Believe I have tried. And the harder I tried, the more damage I did." Miles' eyes shifted to M/n who had been quiet then back to Miguel.

"You can't have it all kid."

Without Miles realising, more people were starting to surround them, surround him. Their eyes all staring directly at him and he frantically turned his head to stare at them all.

"Being spider-man is a sacrifice. That's the job. That's what you signed up for."

M/n hesitated taking a step forward, his hand moving ever so slightly but he had to stop himself. Miles didn't sign up for this. It was an accident, he was forced to become spider-man and it was true that anyone could be spider-man but to treat him like this wasn't right.

So why couldn't he move?

"What is this? Is this an intervention or something?" Miles accused walking forward to glare at them all. "

"We know it's hard, but that's the truth, Miles." A random ass spider-man walked up to say.

Miles pointed a finger at Peter. B. "Is that why you're here? To let me down easy?" He scoffed when Peter didn't reply, "It worked last time? Why not run it back huh?"

"Hey, hold on, hold on." Peter held his hands out.

"You were right Gwen. You should have never brought me here." Gwen's eyes were watery seeing Miles being attacked by them all, and his words hurt.

"Kid, look at me—"

"Stop calling me that." Miles glared at Peter with anger the spider had never seen before in him.

"Here we go." Hobie smirked and Jess shook her head. "Hobie, you're not helping."

"Good."

"Miles, please, you need to understand—"

"You can't ask me not to save my father." Miles stared at Miguel in disbelief. 

Miguel shrugged. "I'm not asking."

"Miguel, you're being too hard on him. You can't just say these things to him expecting it to go well. " M/n finally butted in having enough of them all just going at it at Miles, going to stand directly in front of Miles.

"M/n, if he tries to change his world's canon and save his father, it'll only be a matter of time before his dimension will start to unravel. We can't risk that possibility."

"I know but that's only a hypothesis we made, it could end differently in Miles' case. We still don't know everything." M/n held his hands up to try and ease the man's patience that he knew was thinning every second.

"No matter that, that's a risk I don't want to take. You shouldn't be siding with him. You're dimension got destroyed!—"

"No event was broken, an anomaly came and did that itself! Just like Spot will do if we don't try to stop him first!" M/n pleaded keeping his body in front of Miles separating Miguel from the teen.

"If we let this kid go, he will go and cause a catastrophic event for his dimension leaving us to deal with the aftermath." Miguel argued, taking a step forward.

"Okay okay, lets just ease up guys," Peter tried to say but M/n fired right back at the bigger man with just as much anger.

"He'd only try to save his father because we're scaring him about it, Miguel! I lost my dimension because an anomaly got too strong, the same thing will happen with Spot if we leave him to get to that power. Attacking Miles won't do any good in the end!"

"We can deal with both of these problems at the same time, M/n. Not only will Miles lose his father but his dimension if we don't trek this carefully." Miguel rolled his eyes, not believing M/n was acting so stubborn about a kid he'd just met today. It was their job, to protect everyone, and if M/n was going to sacrifice that for a child then he wouldn't know what to do.

Lives have to be lost, that's the life of spider-man.

"Miguel—"

"M/n, enough! You don't decide what goes on around here, I do. So you either drop it or you can leave the room and let us handle it."

At this point everyone had taken a step back from the pair, including Miles who was shaking from Miguels words. M/n stared at Miguel, both of their eyes swirling with pent up emotion, mainly frustration at one another. A bitter feeling was fluttering around in M/n's body and he knew it was because they were arguing.

They may fight and have disagreements, but never have they stood on opposite ends of the tipe rope in hopes the other will fall and back down.

Miguel was trying to protect the multiverse.

M/n was just trying to protect Miles.

Hello hello I'm not dead I'm just lazy. Been doing literally nothing except going to classes so I have no excuse for late chapters. Except that I'm procrastinating writing it cause I know the ending and I don't want to write it— I need encouragement so please kindly attack my comments??!! '_'

hope you enjoyed the chapter, thank you for reading and Enjoy your weekend :)