Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Cora's POV

As I was standing in front of him as he was telling me he never loved me and everything was a lie. I was frozen. I couldn't believe it all. When he said he had fun stringing me along I went cold inside and my heart sank into my stomach. He was by far the most depraved and sadistic person I've ever met. A murderer was less sadistic. I mean at least they are upfront about what they will do to you but he, he fucked around with my feelings, my heart, and my head. He fucked with my career and that made it worse. I was about to give it up to be with him. That would have ruined me and ruined my family. To know that I gave up my career for nothing but a low down lying asshole was not what I wanted to be remembered for.

I walked over to him and did the only thing I knew I could. I slapped him as hard as I could. I left a handprint. Good! Serves his ass right. Don't fuck with me.

I walked down the hall fast trying to get away from him as fast as I could. I thought I was okay but as soon as I heard him behind me talking to someone else I dived straight into the nearest closet. I closed the door and locked it and sank to the floor and cried. It just came rolling out. I couldn't cry like I wanted though. I was at work and I knew I had to continue the day.

After about 5 minutes I dried my tears and fixed myself and went out in the hall. No one was really around so I kept walking. I got to the main station and asked for any new charts that were coming in. There were a few minor ER cases, as minor as you can get in an ER at least.

I spent most of the rest of my shift by myself with only a few others coming up to me wanting to know stuff about their patients if I was involved.

At the end of a very long and exhausting day I was ready to leave. I was making my way from the building not even stopping in the lock room when I heard my name. "Cora?" I turned around knowing who it was. "Yes Jenna?"

"Are you going to tell me what happened today? I mean I heard some stuff but I want to hear it from you."

"Why do you want to know?" I asked seriously.

"Because I heard some crazy shit. Is it true? Were you fucking Dr. Sykes?"

"For your information it's not really any of your business but yes I was. Whatever you or anyone else wants to say about me go ahead. I don't care. I'm not going to refute anything that was said."

"So you're not going to say anything? Like how you traded sex for surgeries and pretty much made a spectacle of yourself and looking like a whore? Which I mean I guess that's it though you're just a whore."

I just looked at her. "Well hmmm thanks for telling me how you really feel about me and think about me. I don't owe you or anyone any explanation so are we done?"

She said nothing and so I turned on my heels and walked away. How dare she call me a whore? I didn't screw him for the surgeries. I did it because I was in love with him. Like an idiot I did it for love. What a mistake that was. This hospital was shaping up to not be so great. One doctor couldn't keep his mouth shut, one was an ass who didn't care about what two people felt towards one another, one just ran her mouth, gossiped, and believed whatever people said and didn't care about people she said she did. Then the last doctor was honestly the most heinous and awful person I've ever met. How unfortunate that the work place of my dream was full of assholes.

I walked into my house sat down and thought about eating but was I really hungry? No not really but I hadn't eaten all day. Oh well. I got in the shower and washed away every trace that was left of him on me away. I climbed out of the shower and went straight to the bed. I lay down and turned over and I smelled him on the pillow. Fuck! No this isn't happening. I sit up and then on the floor next to me I see his shirt he left here. I immediately get sad and angry. I pick it up and hug it to my chest then I smell him even more. It's like a mixture of man, sex, berries and just a smell that was all Nathan.