Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Cora's POV

This last month has been hell. I cried every night, I slept with his shirt every night and I barely had any energy to work. I knew it wasn't healthy but everything that happened with Nathan really did me in. I loved him and he just ripped my fucking heart out without a second thought.

Jenna apologized to me and said she was wrong for saying the things she did and that she was disgusted for thinking I would do such a thing. I forgave her because in all honesty I knew she was sorry and she was the only person I could really talk to about this situation. I spent a full week crying to her about Nathan. She tried to help get me to move on and then after a certain point she seemed like she was trying to get me to talk to and forgive him. I asked her what was up and she tried to tell me but I wouldn't hear it. I felt like Nathan got to her and was using her to get me to talk to him. He sent me flowers and tried to compliment me but it was all empty to me. He fucked up and he knew it and just because he felt guilty and didn't want to be known as the bad guy he was trying to butter me up again. Whether he wanted to sleep with me again or not I had no clue but I wasn't going there again. He was the worst type of person messing with someone's feelings like that.

When I was walking in the hall to go to the ER I heard some commotion in the chief's office. As I got closer I recognized the familiar British accent. Oh god what now? I listened to every word and it hit me. He really did love me and although I hated how he ended it or treated me I knew now he meant well. God, I've been treating him like garbage and he was in as much pain as I have been. He said the chief was the main source for all the pain and he was right. I knew the chief wanted a smoothly run hospital but he was a dick about it all. He had no compassion. Nathan was standing up to him and he was standing there mad as hell and emotional and then I heard him say he quit. I couldn't let that happen. I knew he loved this job and it wouldn't go down the drain because of me.

"NO Nathan you can't quit!"

"Cora?"

"I heard everything you said. You love me." I didn't question it. I knew he did now.

"Of course I love you. I'm so fucking sorry I did this to you. To us. I never meant to hurt you the way I did. I thought of everything I could to get you to even look at me because even if for just a split second your eyes were looking into mine I felt whole again. The night I went to your house and you shut the door in my face I felt terrible because I saw how it was affecting you. Then you said I made you sick and you hated me my heart tore even more. I'm so sorry love. Please forgive me. I promise I'll make up for it forever if I have to just please forgive me."

I could see the terrible struggle in his eyes. He was really hurting too. I stepped closer to him and did the only thing I could think of to show him that I did forgive him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight and kissed his lips. "I forgive you. I love you. I need you. I want you. Just don't leave again. It's been hell the last month. Every day that passes without you is harder than the one before."

I heard him sigh in relief as I hugged and kissed him. "Cora, I've never thought of you as a fling or just a piece of ass to have fun with. You are the most beautiful and funny person I've met. Your heart is amazing! I could never ask for a better person to spend my time with."

I smiled genuinely for the first time in a month. "You're the beautiful person. You were going to quit for me. I couldn't let you do that. You can have me now and if the chief has an issue with us being together then I will find another job."

Before he protested I said. "No, I will. It will be easy for me to transition better in a new hospital than you because this is the only place you've been and I'm okay with that."