Kingston

"Your time is running out, you know," the man's voice surprised him. Out of all the times that he would talk through that earpiece that he always had on him, he wasn't expecting it to happen right then. It had been a while that he had heard from his boss.

He was great at hiding his surprise, even when he didn't have a disguise on. All that faltered was a step as he was walking. His expression remained neutral as he casually changed direction, going towards an empty room. There wasn't anyone with unhuman hearing there yet, so he shouldn't have anything to worry about.

"Is everything ready?" he finally asked, speaking quietly and calmly. The door closed without a sound, no one in the building even thinking to look his way.

"It's been ready for a week," his boss told him. "We're just waiting on the moment to strike."

"Any news from that pack?" he asked, looking through the windows. The room faced the employee parking, which was just what he needed to keep an eye out for. While many cars looked the same there, their paint almost identical, he knew which one would hold the ones that he was being cautious of.

"They're upping their guard and patrols," his boss informed him. Being in his position, it was difficult to get any information from the forest. Especially when they had heard of him. "I take it you have a plan on getting our target out of their comfort zone?"

"Getting them away from the vampire was the best thing we could do, trust me," he told him. The next thing he checked was the window that was on the door, watching all the workers coming in and mingling. They were all so clueless about so many things that happened in this little city. They were clueless even to the ones they worked with. It was the most idiotic thing he had ever witnessed. "That one's too suspicious."

"I already have a plan for him," the boss told him. "Any news on the new one by the way?"

"Still haven't figured him out yet," he admitted. "The Sheriff keeps their files under lock and key."

"With how much time I've given you," the boss scoffed. "You should have already found this out by now."

"I wouldn't worry about him," he walked around the room a little, making sure he wasn't in the way of any prying eyes that might be looking his way. "He's never left on his own, and has to have his hand held for everything he does. Even if he is one of them, I doubt he has their skill and strength."

"You're lucky I trust you."

"Have I ever been wrong?"

"There's a first for everything."

"Do you want me to keep digging?" he frowned. He was hoping that the boss would trust him enough for this. He had been his eyes for every mission they ever went on, and almost all of them were successful.

This was one of those instances where they needed to be successful. So much lied on this one mission. It would be the achievement of a lifetime.

"No," his boss stopped his wandering thoughts. "I want you to move on with this plan. Our original one. It's the perfect time to end this."

"You got it," he smiled, hearing the click of the call dropping.

He turned the knob of the door and started to walk back towards the drones of the building. No one would notice he had even been gone. Just like no one had noticed just who they were working with.

Or just what kind of danger they were all in.

***

"So, let me get this straight," Felix slammed the car door. "He's moving around and healing up, but we still can't talk to him?"