Chapter VIII - Strength

Astra slowly blinks, her lip quirking in disbelief. "That is private information."

"And? You're a student and you know!" Ollie exclaimed.

"I'm a Prefect."

"What difference does that make?"

She narrowed her eyes, making out a scowl. "What difference do you make?"

" . . . "

"Exactly." Astra crosses her arms and draws an exhale as she prepares to leave.

I can't just let her slip away! I need to convince her somehow.

"Wait!" I yell. She raises a brow. "I'm from The Cassius Post! Y-you don't want false information spreading right? I can stop that from happening if you clear it out for us!"

My bargain must've worked because she squinted, almost inspecting me.

"Okay, fine." She shifts her hip. "Nobody is dead. I don't want people to be assuming and making stories. I will repeat that again. Nobody is dead."

Thank God. I smile in relief and nod. "Noted."

"I better not see anymore of that bullshit on the post." The hoops on her ears jingled as she looked down to meet Innes' gaze, then me. "Got that?"

"We heard you the first time." Innes grumbles, looking away. Her Russian accent making 'w' sound like 'v'.

***

"What are my thoughts on the attacker?" Neon dabs baby blue eye shadow on her eyelids, checking herself out in the reflection of a door's window. "Well . . .what happened was horrible of course! What else do you want to know?"

I start to record our conversation. As a Cassius Post member, I have advantages when I want to know something. But I need to be careful. "Who do you think is the killer? Or should I say, The Hazard?"

Her blazing orange short hair bounces as she leans closer to the window. "Aw. I can't say."

"Why not?"

She smiles. "I don't wanna pinpoint. Plus, we're not sure yet."

I pause. What . . . did she just say? "What?"

"Hm?"

I narrow my eyes. "You said 'we'. Who's 'we'?"

The Blossoms make a face, trying to hold in their laughter. She's been caught red-handed. And we haven't even started.

Her face turns bright red as she tries to laugh it off, avoiding our eyes. "Oh, haha. My bad. I messed up."

"You messed up bad." Molly mumbles.

"Ugh!" She flings her hands up in the air as an act of frustration. "Girl! Yes, yeah, us prefects are sort off- Well, figuring out who the killer is."

" . . . " Woah. Neon is fast at blurting out the truth.

"W-we are in charge of reporting the student's behavior and physical state so we're sorta playing this game of Guess Who!" She squints her eyes and speaks faster, so fast I can't catch her words. "Our main guess is a student actually! Matter of fact, more than one student! The teachers just told us to keep an eye out but Luka found that poor boy at the Library! So he spilled all the tea to me and now, the killer's identity has become some sort of twisted game between us four!!!"

We all stay silent as she overwhelmingly beams, not knowing how to respond to her rant. I slowly blink as she continues.

"It's bad but at the same time, it's our job!!! Astra found Jane too! Oh, my Lord! It was so ew! I honestly feel bad but she's okay now! Well- Sorta! She's in the hospital recovering! And there were post-its stuck on their bodies!! With like- creepy shit written on it!!! Like . . .Should'nt have seen. Something like that! And-"