Chapter 117

Juliette's haircut had caused an odd amount of stir amongst the people who knew her... Her friends adored it, saying that she looked happier, that she looked better, that it suited her... But the rest of the population seemed to have the same idea about it... And it wasn't entirely positive.

The haircut was Juliette's form of a personal lesbian beacon... Anyone who was stupid enough to not catch on that she was gay by now? They knew... And she couldn't bring herself to care, she wasn't ashamed of it anymore, but she could do without the whispers while she was getting changed for practice.

Honestly, a lot of straight girls complained about having two lesbians on the team, saying that they felt 'uncomfortable' at the idea of being objectified in the locker room, but Juliette looked at none of them, and she knew Becky also didn't look at them... No, instead they were put under microscopes all the time... And it'd only gotten worse today. Juliette had honestly considered changing in a bathroom stall, there was something terrifying about having to change in front of them... But that wouldn't stop it, they'd still make comments when she got out...

Luckily they were ignoring the marks this time, they were sufficiently distracted by her hair.

"-Total dyke with that haircut, oh my god." Juliette rolled her eyes, not bothering to lift her head as she continued to tie her shoes... She didn't need to look over to know that it was Katherine and Sierra, both of whom had grown quite the ego in Ingrid's absence from the team. Was Juliette looking forward to her being back today? No... But she was looking forward to her lackeys shutting the fuck up about her.

"I know, right? At least she could hide it before but now? God, it's like she's got a rainbow falling out of her fucking pocket." Now, Juliette was able to ignore what they were saying pretty easily, but she could feel Becky bristle next to her. Great.

"Hey-." She lifted her head at that point, placing a hand on Becky's shoulder as she shook her head. They weren't worth getting in trouble for, they weren't even worth the energy of saying 'can you please shut the fuck up?'... They wouldn't do it either way, why waste the energy?

"Don't." She watched Becky furrow her brows, clearly upset that she wasn't allowed to say or do anything, but it was the only way to get through this with all of her brain cells intact. "They aren't worth it, Becks... Plus they've been saying shit all day, I really don't give a fuck." And that was true, she'd stopped caring around second period when she realized it was just gonna be a constant for the entire day.

Becky sighed and placed a hand on her arm, shaking her head sincerely... This was really upsetting her, wasn't it?

"I give a fuck." She said, her voice incredibly sincere. Juliette let out a chuckle... That was adorable, but Becky didn't need to waste her energy giving a fuck about this shit. There were far more dire things going on in the world, Juliette being made fun of for a haircut didn't reach anywhere near the top of that list.

"Yeah?" Juliette asked, giving her a faux sort of smile. Becky's look softened even further as she squeezed Juliette's shoulder.

"Yeah." She said, and Juliette sighed, shaking her head... She didn't need people giving a fuck about her, she could handle some ridicule... Some people had it way worse in the world. Her partner had had it way worse in the world. A few comments about her haircut looking 'dyke-y' were the least of her concern at this point.

"Give a fuck on your own time, it's not worth you getting in a fight for, believe me." Juliette insisted, and Becky sighed, standing up as she offered a hand out to Juliette so that she could do the same thing, which was nice... She was tired, she'd take that support.