Chapter 196

It was a struggle to keep her eyes open right now, good fucking God.

"I'm so exhausted, rehearsal is grueling." Juliette breathed, feeling Esme squeeze her thigh lightly, giving her a worried look - she knew they were worried about her, but they didn't have to be.

"Worse than cheerleading?" Esme asked, and Juliette nodded. She'd been completely used to cheerleading, it wasn't really that much effort that she had that she had had to put towards being in cheerleading.

At least not that way.

"Cheerleading was a lot of masking, which can be used for acting, but there's more to it than that... Plus, there's no way for me to not be talking to someone at all times." Juliette reasoned, and Esme grimaced and nodded as they pulled into the path to the trailer, seeming to understand her exhaustion.

Good.

"That does sound pretty tiring." It was, it was very exhausting.  She leaned her head back against the headrest, letting out a heavy sigh as she yawned, turning onto her side in the chair.  She wanted to take a fucking nap, but they were almost home... That was a terrile idea. "Huh." Juliette lifted her head as she felt the car slow to a stop.

What's going on?

"What?" She asked, squinting out into the darkness as Esme parked the car, turning it off as they took deep breath, crossing their arms across their chest as they did.

"There's a motorcycle outside..." They chewed their lip, unbuckling their seatbelt, not taking their eyes off of the darkness.  She scanned for a moment, finding the motorcycle in the darkness- an old one, it looked like it was moments from crumbling.  There was no way that that was safe. "I wonder..." They breathed, getting out of the car as Juliette looked at them, startled.

Okay, since when had things appearing where they did not belong go well for either of them this year?  That was a terrible idea.

"Esme."  She hissed, and Esme waved her off, giving her a reassuring smile that made her relax a bit as she reached back to grab her bag - if Esme wasn't worried, maybe she shouldn't be either.

"Shh, no it's okay. Motorcycles are fine, I'm just wondering who the hell drives a motorcycle that's here right now."  They said, and Juliette shrugged, catching up with them so that she could link their fingers together, bringing the back of their hand to her lips.

My love.

"Could be Leto." She said, which she'd meant as a question... She seemed like the type to drive a motorcycle, but maybe that wasn't right.

"True, but I doubt it... Her Harley's in the shop, and that's not a Harley." Esme mumbled, making Juliette stop in her tracks as she looked at Esme, eyes wide.

Leto didn't need to get any more terrifyingly hot, that was not something that she needed in her life.

"She actually drives a motorcycle?" Juliette asked, and Esme grinned, nodding as she leaned over to her to look at her in the face... Okay, so they wanted to see how that was gonna affect her.

Honestly... Now she was just thinking if Esme got a motorcycle, how hot they'd look... and yeah, there was no way in hell that she would ever survive that shit, she'd probably just be on her knees immediately.

"Hot, right?" They asked, and Juliette nodded - there was no denying that a mafia woman who seemed a little bit unhinged on a motorcycle.

"Mhm."

"Okay, shh..." You were talking first!

"I wasn't..." Esme put a finger to her lips and shook their head.  Juliette nodded, pushing their hand away. "Okay, yeah." She let Esme unlock the door, walking close behind them, a hand on their waist.