- 14 -

Lana's POV

Leclercupdates just tweeted:

Lana and Charles seen walking into a restaurant in Spielberg hand in hand shortly after his race. Have they decided to get back together? 👀

I sat there scrolling twitter, seeing all the one photo of us being spotted on our date two nights ago

I sat there scrolling twitter, seeing all the one photo of us being spotted on our date two nights ago. One picture is all it takes. For once I didn't feel scared though. It seemed like my dad may have started to be okay with it but in actuality, it hasn't been spoken about.

I try to talk to my mom about it but she tries to subtly change the subject. I keep telling myself she's just trying to do what she can to convince him to help myself not drift into negative thoughts.

My dad, Charles, Carlos and Phillipe all flew back to Maranello to work more on the car upgrades for next race. Were about 2 months out from the World Championships in Abu Dhabi so they're getting busier and busier and so am I, working in the marketing and graphic design portions of it.

I flew back to Monaco with my mom and hung out with my sister in laws and Benji. "Have you heard from Charles since coming home?" Catherine asked, as she sat back and sipped her water. Elena, Benji, Catherine and I were all sitting on the balcony, watching the sunset and enjoying some snacks.

I shook my head, "No, but this is how it always is as we get closer to the world championships." I replied.

"You sure?" Elena asked, picking up Benji and placing him on her lap. I nodded with a slight smile. I felt like she may have asked that for a specific reason but I brushed it off.

"Just checking." She added with what seemed like a fake slight smile. Like she was forcing it.

"Are we the only ones that know you guys are getting back together?" Catherine asked. "No, mom knows, Mila of course does too. I know mom is trying to convince dad or something of that sort. Also Charles family knows and Carlos. Also all of the boys girlfriends. It's gotten out at this point. I mean pictures keep being leaked but I expected that." They both widened their eyes.

"That's a lot." Elena said. "Yeah I know. I think Dad will let us officially get back together though. Then we won't have to "hide" if that makes sense." They nodded in sync.

"Lala! Look!" Benji yelled at me, pointing at the boats that were out at sea and some people jet skiing.

"Looks fun huh Benji?!" I replied. I put my arms out towards him and Elena helped him up on the table to walk across it and come my way. I picked him up before placing him in my lap and unlocking my phone.

It opened back up to the messages app and I saw Charles had read my last text to him but didn't reply. Normally by now he replies but I'm just going to assume he's extremely busy. I closed the app and opened up the camera app, taking silly and cute pictures of Benji and I, then sending one to Charles, telling him Benji and I miss him and hope he's having a good day.

"When do they come back from Maranello?" Catherine turned to ask me. "Middle of the night tonight." Elena replied, sipping her tea and scrolling through her phone. I nodded in agreement.

"Actually, where's my husband? Is he still taking a nap? That's the most important question." Catherine added. We all laughed as she got up and walked back inside calling out for Eric and telling him to "wake his ass up".

*next morning*

Dad, Phillipe, Carlos and Charles all flew back into Monaco late last night yet still no reply from Charles but he was reading my messages.

Today Im working at one of the F1 offices here in Monaco which was great because Charles would be here as well. That means I could catch him and see if everything is okay.

I got here around 8am and it's 12pm but still haven't caught Charles. I got out of desk and walked down the hall, heading to one of the restrooms and that is when I finally caught Charles.

"Oh my god there you are!" I whispered loudly and running up to him. As I caught up to him I wrapped my arms around his neck to give him a hug but he grabbed them before I could and pushed me off of him gently.

I took a step back, staring deep into his emerald eyes and furrowing my brows out of confusion and sadness. "What's wrong?" I quietly asked. His eyes showed and screamed how hurt and damaged he was inside.

He stood there staring back, swallowing hard and taking a deep breath. He shook his head and looked down at the ground. As he started to walk away I grabbed his arm, gently yanking it to make him stop from walking away.

"What happened?" I said, my voice breaking and tears forming in my eyes. He took another deep breath as he looked at the ceiling to stop himself from crying.

"Your dad." He spoke. A single tear fell as I widened my eyes and my stomach dropping to my stomach.

"My dad what?" I asked. "I've said too much." He replied trying to walk away again.

"No! My dad what? What happened Charles!" I said getting louder but my voice breaking even more. He looked to his left as I stayed, staring into his eyes and holding onto his arm with a death grip.

He shook his head once again and got out of my grip. I stood there watching him walk down the hall and rubbing his eyes from the tears. As soon as he turned down another hallway, so did I.

My dad had just been watching us from a far.

"What the fuck could YOU have done!" I yelled, pointing my finger at him.

"What did you do to him!" I continued walking towards him.

"I'm just protecting you La-" he started to say.

"No the fuck you're not! No you're not! You're ripping my life apart! He's the love of my life! He's done more than enough to prove to you he's worthy of me!" I started to yell louder. People started to gather around, turn their heads, I was being extremely loud but I didn't care.

"You're my daughter! I'm you're father! You do not-" he yelled back, "What! I don't talk to you that way? Fuck right off. You're ruining my life. I love him! He loves me! Let! Us! Be!"

I took a few steps back staring at my father who was staring back with rage in his eyes. I turned around and quickly walked back to my desk, grabbing my belongings.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, staring at the ground. I had bumped into Carlos as I was trying to leave the building.

"No I'm sorry. I tried. We all tried. But we're not finished. Charles is just super hurt and sad. Don't worry, he will come back around. He loves you to much not too." He said, pulling me into a hug. I sobbed into his chest.

"I don't want to lose him again. I don't want my dad to win." I sobbed. "I know. I get it." He replied.

He let me go and told me to text him if I needed anything or someone to talk to. I thanked him and walked back home.

I could hear some chatter from the locals pointing out who I am and how my face was puffy and red like I'd been crying which I had been.

How could my dad do this? What could he have done to Charles? I'm so confused but so hurt.