- 15 -

Charles POV

*flashback to Maranello*

"What the fuck did I tell you Charles!" Lana's father yelled at me and slamming his fist onto his desk. I stared blankly at the wall. He has called me into his office to talk and as soon as I walked in the energy told me what it was about. "Charles!"

"To never be around Lana again." I mumbled, now dropping my head and fiddling with the rings and bracelets Lana have gifted me throughout our relationship.

"There must be an end to this! What is this shit with my wife even coming to me trying to convince me you're a good man to her and have proved you are? All you're good at is racing!" He yelled, pacing his office. I was still hanging my head low, wondering when this was all going to end.

"Sir, but you don't understand." I said quietly.

"No! I do! You are to not be around her! You are to not get back with her! And I certainly better not hear my wife come to me about how you deserve to have my daughter back." He said, then coming closer to me. "And if I catch you again, there will be consequences." He said quietly. He then walked to the door, opening it and letting me know to get out.

*end of flashback*

"So what are you going to do?" Joris asked. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know." I replied. It'd been 2 weeks since the situation with her dad and no contact. "I want her. I want her so badly. I regret everything I've ever done. If none of it happened, I wouldn't be in this situation."

"Just try to keep texting her but secretly." He suggested. I looked up at him with somber eyes.

"Texting isn't enough. I want dates. I want to have her cheering me on at races. I want to take trips with her. Texting is nothing." I explained. "I get it. Hopefully things change." He replied, getting up and patting my back.

We'd just been sitting out on my balcony in Monaco. All the boys found out what happened and have been around for support which I appreciate but nothing compares to Lana.

I opened my phone and looked back at old photos and texts. Seeing the photos of her and Benji and making me wish we had babies. Looking at photos of her flashing the engagement ring I gave her and wishing we still got married.

Suddenly I got a text from Max asking if I wanted to come over. I agreed and said I would be there in 10.

I freshened up just a bit, put on my shoes and walked to his complex. On the way there I got stopped by a few fans and took some photos. I hope no one noticed the energy I was giving off or the face of despair and sadness.

"Hey mate." Max said as he opened his penthouse door and giving me a hug. "I'm sorry about everything. I'm sure it'll all work out." He said.

"I just want her." Was all I could get out, he pushed back and nodded before letting me enter.

"Water? Red Bull? Vodka?" He asked with a slight laugh.

"Whiskey." I replied. "Ah yes. The sad man drink, coming right up." He said which caused me to kinda laugh as I sat on one of his chairs.

"Kelly actually just left with P and..." he started to say. I looked at him with furrowed brows and a confused look.

"You know." He added as he poured some whiskey in a glass and sliding it across the counter in my direction. "Her." Instantly I drank the whole glass quickly.

"Don't worry she's not coming over. They went to grab dinner and do a little shopping. You're safe here mate." He explained.

"Could I some more?" I asked. "Later. I'm not letting you drink your sorrows away." He said.

We started to talk Formula One stuff and anything else that could get my mind off the situation.

"Why don't we go out tonight? You, me, Daniel, Alex?" He asked. "We can go to the bars, maybe a club?" He suggested.

"That'd be nice." I said, fiddling with my fingers.

"I think you need it. Fun Charles needs to make a comeback." He said with a laugh. "Here's an idea. Why don't we go to a costume store and dress up with a theme that's funny."

"Dress up like old people? I see it on tik tok a lot and I think it's so funny." I told him.

"Great idea, let's get them on a call." He took out his phone and initiated a group FaceTime and let them know it's a guys night and we would be meeting up in an hour and to also bring any other guy friends.

"I'll tell Joris right now." I added, taking out my phone and moving to another room to make the call.

"Oh my god, that sounds like an amazing idea. I can't wait!" Joris said after I told him the plan.

"Meet at Max's in an hour and we will all head out together." I told him before ending the call and exiting the room. I could hear some other chatter coming from his kitchen which I assumed was Kelly and Penelope.

I walked around the corner and saw Kelly, Penelope, Max and Lana. I stopped in my tracks, locking eyes with her and instantly all sorts of emotions rushed over me. I just wanted to run up to her and hug her and kiss her. Tell her how much I miss and love her. Everything.

I could see in her eyes the same sadness I have. "I'm sorry, I'll see you later." She told them and rushed out.

"I made you another. I'm so so sorry." Max said showing me a glass of whiskey.

"I didn't think she would come in either. I'm sorry Charles." Kelly added. "I'll take that drink." I told Max, quickly walking over to him and taking it from his hand as Kelly and P walked down the hall.

"That was not supposed to happen." He whispered. I shook my head as if I said "it's whatever".

We walked out to the balcony and I could see Lana rushing out of the parking garage in her car. I know she is just as upset as I am. I know she is by how she reacted when she found out.

"Don't worry. I know for a fact it will be okay. Maybe now isn't the time for it too." He said, trying to comfort and reassure me.

"But she's mine. She's my soulmate. She's everything and more to me." I said. I looked away as tears formed and my voice broke.