paundraka Vasudeva

Paundraka Vasudeva was the King of Pundra. Paundraka was the son of King Vriddhasharma and Queen Shrutadeva. Shrutadeva was the sister of Vasudeva (Sri Krsna's father). Paundraka's brother was Dantavakra, who was the rebirth of Kumbhakarna (and indirectly Vijaya, the doorkeeper of Sri Vishnu).

The ministers of Paundraka once told him how great he was, comparable to Lord Vishnu. Due to this, he began thinking himself to be an avatara of Lord Vishnu. But since people already believed that Sri Krsna was Sri Vishnu's avatara, he decided to kill Sri Krsna and prove that he was the real Vaasudeva.

Therefore he sent a message to Sri Krsna insulting him and ordering Sri Krsna to give Paundraka his Sudarshana Chakra, Panchajanya Conch, Kaumodaki Gada and other weapons. Sri Krsna laughed at Paundraka's foolishness and went with his army to Paundraka's kingdom:

When Sri Krsna went on war to kill Paundraka saw Paundraka imitated just like him, Sri Krsna laughed heartily:

After a fierce fight, Sri Krsna threw his Sudarshana Chakra at Paundraka and killed him, as well as Paundraka's friend Kashi-raja

After a fierce fight, Sri Krsna threw his Sudarshana Chakra at Paundraka and killed him, as well as Paundraka's friend Kashi-raja. Later on, Kashiraja's son Sudakshina wanted to take revenge on Sri Krsna. He performed a Tantrik Yajna and created a demoness to destroy Sri Krsna. But Sri Krsna once again sent his Sudarshana Chakra and since the demoness was afraid of the Chakra she returned to Kashi to kill Sudakshina. The Chakra followed her and after destroying Sudakshina and the demoness, it burnt the city of Kashi and returned to Dvaraka.