Prologue

I've only been in Amity for a few months. I knew I would never stay here but for some reason I am kind of sad for leaving it. 

It has so many memories, good and bad. I still remember using Amity as refuge with Tobias, Caleb and Peter. Even though I am not fond of those memories very much. 

Amity has never been my style, too happy and peaceful for me. Working the farms and caring for the animals isn't bad by any stretch, it's just not very thrilling. 

Dauntless is my one and only true home. 

The adopted mother Avery Thatcher, has been a really good help hiding me from being noticed by anyone I know. 

 I am supposedly her daughter Sophie Thatcher, who is now sixteen. Even though I'm actually eighteen, my young looking body hides the two years of age. 

Avery's daughter Sophie died in the war from being a Divergent, she helped me because I was a Divergent and needed help, plus the fact the Amity are known for their forgiveness and giving second chances to people who had difficult times. 

I have grown out my hair, it is now as long as it was in Abnegation and in the Dauntless compound. It is lighter now from the sun beaming on my hair daily. I have more freckles from the hours of work outside and I am more mature. 

I have to always wear clothes that conceal my tattoos. I want to show them, because they have such a large meaning to me, but I can't or else it would show who I really am.

The faction system has gone back to the original state because it gave balance into our society.

 A few things have changed though, for one Divergents are treated as regular people and it's no longer dangerous to be one.

Another thing is that the Factionless have their own area and have rights in our society as well. 

Today is my aptitude test. I will be taking the test as Sophie Thatcher, the innocent sixteen year old Amity girl. It is surreal to me, it's like I am living a new life and having a do over  from the first time. 

------

Sorry for the short chapter. Let me know if you have any ideas for further in the story!

Thanks for the support!!!