Chapter Nine

I walk with Asher, and he introduces me to the Erudite girl; her name is Serena. She is kind hearted but has a strong attitude. Pretty much reminds me of Jeanine with her arrogance. I still need to determine if I like her.

Asher keeps on asking me questions about training, I know the answers but all I can say is I don't know. I can't tell him that I've already had training and that I'm Tris Prior.

I walk towards the table with the other transfers, but somebody grabs my arm. I turn to look who did it, it's Wyatt. "You wanna sit with us, transfer?" I look back at Asher, he makes a nod for me to go, and then I say back to Wyatt "He has to sit with us too."

"What, no! Not this Pansycake, he's not able to punch a baby!" "Asher comes with me, it's me with him or neither of us." "Fine, Amity." He scoots over making space for us even though it is tight.

Some other Dauntless-born initiates sit across from us. Tobias is at the other side of the table with his friends, enjoying maybe too many beers. I look directly at him, but he doesn't seem to notice my presence.

He is handsome, of course many girls have been fawning over him. He is probably used to being stared at. He doesn't know it's me though. I want to call out to him and say "Look I'm here Tobias, I came back to you!"

What if he doesn't want me back though. That thought shudders through me.

I am awakened by the thought with an arm around me, it's Wyatt's. "Guys, this is Sophie, she is a transfer but she is cool. Better than me getting on the train, and that's hard for me to admit. Treat her with respect."

I am surprised by his comment. Usually Dauntless don't act with such "kindness," also that he was trying to one up me on the train.

"So where are you from Sophie, like what faction?" One of the Dauntless asks me. I want to say Abnegation, but I suspend myself before I say too much "Amity'' I answer deliberately. "Huh, that's so unusual, Amity's aren't usually tough enough for Dauntless." "Well, I am, and I'll prove it to you." "Oh, okay, looks like we have a tough one here" He says, humiliating me.

"Watch out, she will make you regret, even saying that" says a deep voice behind me. I turn around, it's Tobias. I glance a smile at him, but he is already gone by then.

I use the large fork to grab a burger from the tin, I am now familiar with having burgers, they don't make me feel out of place anymore. They are just delicious to me now.

A leader appears on a catwalk area above the dining hall. I expect to see Max, however Max was shot last year, it is now someone new. His hair is slicked back, wearing the Dauntless seal on the side of his neck.

The crowd gives him their full attention, he must be admired or else the Dauntless would have something to say. He raises his tin cup, most likely a Dauntless beer or liquor and speaks.

"WELCOME TO DAUNTLESS!"

------

Thank you for over 200 views!!! Writing this story has been an amazing journey and so excited to continue!