Chapter Seven

With that thought, I leap into the depths.

I know now there is no other way to be my true self, I wanted to have my redemption and I can't ruin my only chance of that. 

I hold onto my hat so it doesn't fall off. I feel the air in my face, the two braided locks of my hair flowing upwards with the rest of my hair. My skin is tighter with the air pressure pushing it back.

I love this feeling, it causes me to have a pit of joy in my stomach. I laugh all the way down to the net.

I spring off the net, happy shrieks still coming out of me. I steady my bounce until I am laying there, the net shifts sideways and then that is where I see him. 

His dark blue eyes gazing into me, my tilts slightly ajar, I am awestruck. I look at his biceps, he must have been working out more since I last saw him, his shirt seems tighter around his arms.

He doesn't seem to act any differently when looking at me, he must think I am another girl ogling at him. "Come on, initiate, get off for the next jumper." He says in a somewhat annoyed voice. 

"So your name?", "It's Sophie" I reply confidently, maybe too confidently, I am acting too like a Dauntless. 

"First jumper Sophie." he calls out. I see an odd look in his eyes. Maybe he knows who I am, is this act too familiar to him. 

The look disappears after he shakes his head. I guess he might not have fully noticed me. I ache to tell him it's me, and how much I missed him. 

But there is another part of me knowing that I cannot tell him. It will endanger my whole plan, I need to be sure that I am fully administered in Dauntless before I reveal myself. 

Dauntless is the only place where you can scream terrified and also be delighted while doing so, maybe because of these unconventional things that make up Dauntless really makes me love it so much.  

The next initiate dropping howls coming down, I can help but let out a grin, all the nostalgia is falling on me in waves. I'm glad to be back home. 

------

Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted it to end on the same subject in the story! Thanks for all of your support.