Chapter 10

Itachi did not like what their sensei was doing. Even though he was about to enter the anbu unit, he couldn't understand why they were doing such a training right now. Fugaku had tried to calm his son down a bit. After all, everyone in the class had their skills and Akina was strong enough. Itachi was still holding Akina tightly, which made her laugh. He just always worried too much.

In the forest, the class had to bring several items as well as plants and food. They were only allowed to use their weapons and knowledge. Jutsus were not allowed. Neji's byakugan was the fastest way for them to find something. He couldn't see for miles yet but it was enough for the small surroundings.

 "It's so quiet," TenTen whispered, clinging more to her friend. "Are you scared?" smirked Lee, admitting that the forest was a little spooky. "I don't understand why we're doing training like this. I mean we're between five and six years old. Shouldn't something like this happen later?", Neji asked, which Akina agreed with. It was unusual, but if not now, when?

"Maybe...", TenTen started and got Akina's hand slapped in front of her mouth. "Shhh someone's approaching." she whispered and Neji activated his byakugan. He had to agree with the Uchiha. It was a person he could not identify. Suddenly, two more people appeared behind him. "There are three of them," Neji said, and TenTen continued to cling to her friend. "What do we do now?" "We should get out of here and let our sensei know," Lee said. Everyone agreed and was about to head out.

"Where are you going so suddenly?" asked a man in front of them, grinning at the children. The other two men also approached the small group, holding their weapons in their hands. The friends were surrounded and watched their opponents. Was this part of the exercise? No Akina didn't see a Konoha headband so they either had to be thieves or ninjas from another village. "They don't belong to Konoha." she relayed the information which made the man laugh. "Clever girl. It will be your last day since you saw us."

Akina swallowed and looked at her friends. She didn't want them to get hurt. She had to do something. Out of the corner of her eye she could see a crow watching her. Her mind shifted quickly and looked at her team. "We just have to hold on until help arrives," she said, looking to the crow. "Itachi will come I know it will." , she thought and activated her sharingan.

"The girl is an Uchiha." grinned one of the men. "How you what!?" asked TenTen and Lee at the same time. However, they couldn't ask Akina about it anymore and had to fight off the attackfr with their kunais. The friends had to admit that they were still too weak for such opponents and were hurt again and again.

Shivering, Akina sat on her knees. Her friends were much worse. "Itachi where are you?" she asked softly, shedding a few tears. Her fingers dug into the ground. She couldn't give up! She had to protect her friends. Light blood adorned the bodies of her friends. They weren't badly hurt but Akina couldn't see their blood anymore. Her eyes began to hurt at the thought of watching them die.

 Out of nowhere, Akina felt more power than before. Anger rose in her and she looked up at her opponents. Fear could be seen in their eyes as they looked into her sharingan. She would not abandon her friends!

Itachi and Shisui ran as fast as they could. Through his crow which he sent Akina with, had warned him. She was in trouble and needed help. As they approached the forest they could suddenly see a black figure wearing armor. "Akina.", Itachi breathed and ran even faster. No it could not be! Screams rang through the forest. They were screams of men which Itachi could hear.

When the friends arrived, Akina stood with shaky legs next to her friends and the enemies. Blood ran from her eyes and the black figure shrank in size. "No...", Itachi breathed when he saw her Mangekyou Sharingan. "Akina!" he shouted as her legs lost power and slammed to the ground.

 He quickly ran up to them and felt their pulse. "You're still alive," Shisui said to his friend. He could see tears in his eyes which he had never seen before. "Itachi?" "I never meant for her to get that sharingan! I should have been here much sooner! What do I do when she can't see us anymore? What if her beautiful eyes stop shining!?"

Shisui put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "She can't use it anymore Itachi. You have to tell her or she'll lose her sight sooner than you think." "You're right." said Itachi when he had calmed down a bit. "We'll take her to the hospital and have to tell the Hokage about it. He needs to finally know that Akina has had her Sharingan for a long time."

Itachi had to agree with his best friend. The third Hokage had to know what was going on. His father had kept it quiet for far too long.