Chapter 14

When Akina arrived home, she screamed at the whole house. Sasuke's eyes sparkled when he saw her headband. "I want that too!" he beamed and Akina tapped his forehead. "You will in a few years.", she smiled. "Congratulations.", Mikoto said and hugged her daughter tightly. "It was to be expected."

Akina knew her father was happy but didn't want to show it. Even if he was the head, he could at least show his joy at home. "Where is Itachi?" the Uchiha asked. "He's still on his way. There's a meeting later so you won't see him today," Fugaku said and Akina nodded.

She did not like these meetings. Until now she was never allowed to be there. Every time she had to watch Sasuke, which did not annoy her, but she wanted to know what her clan was discussing.

 Since Itachi was with the Anbu he became a bit calmer. Even he was at the meetings and didn't say a word about it. But Akina knew her brother. He was hiding something that he was surely hiding on her father. She knew he wouldn't tell her anything to protect her.

"Akina will you train with me?" asked Sasuke who wrapped his arms around her waist. "Of course," she grinned. Even if Itachi didn't want her to, she couldn't refuse her little brother anything. He wanted to get better, and she would just help him a little. She was already making sure he didn't end up like her or Itachi.

Hours passed and Akina finally put Sasuke to bed who trained without a break. His throwing technique had improved although he didn't always hit the mark. Again and again he was offended which made Akina laugh. She had told him to be patient. Nobody was just perfect.

 She and Itachi also had to practice for a long time, although Itachi could do everything the same way. After she was sure that Sasuke was asleep, she left his room and pushed the door shut. Out of the corner of her eye she could just catch Itachi running into his room as if in a trance.

Confused about his behavior, she ran to his room. What had they decided at the meeting and where were her parents? Quietly, Akina opened the door and saw her brother changing, who exhaled immediately. "You still haven't learned to knock," he said, trying to smile. "Why do you look so sad?" the girl asked, walking towards him. Smiling, Itachi put his hand on the top of her head and waved it through her hair. "Don't worry about me Spring Flower."

Akina raised her eyebrow questioningly. He usually called her Spring Flower when it was serious or happening. He also always said it when she didn't have to worry and to make her happy. "Why are you lying to me Itachi-Nii?" Itachi looked to his photos which were hung up. Briefly he stopped at Shisui's picture which was taken on Akina's birthday. "Shisui he is dead.", Itachi spoke softly and Akina needed a moment to realize what he just said.

Tears gathered in her eyes. "What?" "We weren't at the meeting. We had something else to talk about and he jumped off the cliff." explained Itachi. "He asked me not to tell you but he wanted you to know that you will always be his sunshine." Akina's tears increased and she began to cry. She had seen him this morning. He had given her his last dango skewer. Why did he have to leave her?

 Akina felt the warm chest of Itachi, who pulled her close. Gently he stroked her hair and held her close. He knew how much she liked Shisui and had considered him a big brother. She had braided flowers in his hair every time and laughed. For a long time Itachi listened to her cry until her tears stopped flowing.

The Uchiha tried to come to terms with it but it was difficult for her. She could not forget Shisui. Never again would she be called sunshine by him. Never again would she hear his laughter. Briefly, Akina sniffled and wiped away her tears. Her cheeks were red from all the salt. "I'm a genin." she only now spoke out. Smiling, Itachi looked at his little sister and congratulated her. However, he knew Shisui would never know.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" asked Akina. It had been a long time since she had asked. Not even when she was in bed with a fever. Itachi had snuck into her room and spent the night with her. Before she knew it, he had left the room, disobeying her instructions. "Of course." he spoke softly, kissing the top of her head. He knew she couldn't sleep after that news.