Chapter 32

The next day Akina was already allowed to leave the hospital. Her body had only light scratches and had to regenerate her chakra. With Kakashi it was a little different. Thanks to the Uchiha he had not lost more blood and was on the road to recovery.

Tsunade had seen that her action had saved his life, even if it might not have been as sterile. Sakura had smiled at the Uchiha and also told her that she had done a good job. Not many could just take off a person's clothes and use them to take care of him. The Haruno had yelled at them after all how stupid they were not to take bandages with them. Akina had to agree with her. It was really stupid of her.

Before Akina wanted to leave the hospital, she wanted to see Kakashi. She hoped that he was already awake and walked into his room without knocking. Questioningly, the Jonin looked up and put his book away as Akina walked in. "So you're awake." she smiled and stopped in front of the bed. She ignored the book he was reading. She was used to it and Kakashi would never stop reading this flirtation paradise. "How are you?"

Kakashi smiled slightly. "Thanks to you very much. Guy told me how you got me to Konoha," he said. "Sorry, I had to use your top for that.", Akina laughed and scratched the back of her head. "That's all right. You acted as you saw fit." Kakashi wasn't angry with her. He was even glad that she did it to stop his bleeding. Even if it was a bit embarrassing for him to be saved by such a young woman. "You got pretty heavy." she laughed cheekily.

The Jonin could only shake his head. Why had he thought she would say something nice back? Briefly, his eyes widened. His panic rose when he thought of Akina taking off his mask to get at his top. The Uchiha had to laugh even harder at the look on his face. "Don't worry I left your mask where it belongs."

 Relieved, Kakashi exhaled and thanked her. It would probably be a while before he could go on a mission again. "You'll have to manage without me for a bit," he joked. "Oh well, I'll manage. Besides, the chunin exams are coming up, and I'll be helping to supervise them," she told him. Tsunade had asked her before leaving the hospital. "I see. I'm sure your team will be happy to hear that," the Jonin said. He hadn't forgotten why she had to join them.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it then. Get well soon," Akina smiled before leaving the Hatake alone. A short time later, she happily opened the exit doors and nearly ran into the faces of her friends. "Akina watch it!" grumbled TenTen. "Sorry, I wasn't expecting you," she laughed and put her arm around TenTen's shoulder. At the same time, she did the same to Neji, who blushed a little as Akina hugged them both.

 "You're the best, you know that?" she grinned and squeezed a little too hard, almost choking the brown-haired girl. "Akina...let...go." she gasped, taking a deep breath as she regained enough air. Before TenTen could say anything, Akina joyfully interrupted her.

"We're going to eat dangos now!" she shouted and hopped off. "Nah come on you lame slugs!" she laughed. Lee who clenched his hand into a fist cried out delightedly.

 "If I arrive after her, I'll run 200 laps around Konoha!" Breathing out heavily, TenTen looked after the two. "Why do they have to be like that...?" she muttered, lowering her head. "Sometimes they're really exhausting." Neji lifted the corners of his mouth. He could well understand his teammate but the two of them couldn't be helped. "Nah go or you can hear from Akina when we're not there," Neji said and made his way to the dango store.