Prologue

Narrator POV

Narrator POV

    Once upon a time, there was a small city sitting in between two giant hills. 

    The small city was ruled by a king and queen that lived in a mansion created on top of one of those hills. The citizens lived at the bottom of the hills and did their day-to-day jobs like being office workers, construction workers and other things.

    The city was known for its peaceful and beautiful landscape. The famous lake named Patricia held the legend of the founder of the city, and how its ruler named Martha had fallen in love with a fairy of the land named Patricia. It was a great spot for lovers all around the world.

    But I'm sure you didn't come here to learn about that fairytale, you're here to meet our main character Seonghwa who was skipping while holding his father's and mother's hands as they shopped at the supermarket. Seonghwa was a seven-year-old child that had a pretty normal life, just like every child in the village. He had a nice family that brought him happiness, a nice house to live in, and lots of toys that he couldn't share with anyone as he was an only child.

    He had a few friends due to his very awkward personality, but that didn't bother the young boy as his parents had always been there for him.

However, all stories have some have tragedies.

And the worst had to come, didn't it ?

    So, one morning, Seonghwa's mother went early to work, her horrid boss was demanding for the spreadsheet on their weekly finances, so she had to show up earlier to finish off all the spreadsheets that had been requested so that he wouldn't threaten to fire her.

    She got out of the house in a hurry after kissing her husband's and Seonghwa's forehead, who were still asleep in their beds. As she made here way out, it was raining cats and dogs, the dark sky looking down angrily at the small village, and quickly got into her car, cursing the weather out as she held her bag full of papers close to her chest.

And there she went.

🤍

    During the evening, after Seonghwa's father had picked up little Seonghwa from daycare, they  headed home as quickly as possible so  that the father will have some time to prepare dinner for his wife. 

    He promised little Seonghwa that he would cook his and his mother's favourite food, which resulted in Seonghwa letting  out a few squeals of happiness as he was looking forward to eating and spending time with his family.