Chapter 17

Narrator's POV

    Seonghwa appeared at the driveway leading to Yunho's house, tired after all the walking he did. He had got lucky that someone had given him a ride on his bike, or else he would have got to the house even later than that.

    He was so tired and could wait to get inside the house and finally relax. Searching for the keys in his backpack, he tried to see if he had the keys to the house, only to remember that Yunho had not made a copy for him to use. He got side tracked since they had come back from the hotel.

And now what  was he going to do ?

    Seonghwa was not looking forward to knocking on the door and disturbing the couple, who might or might not be already asleep.

    Suddenly, the door opened , and the light seeped through, blinding Seonghwa. And a 6-foot something jumped at him, hugging him. When his eyes adjusted, he knew who it was.

    It was Mingi who was clearly worried about him. The hug was tight and lasted for a long time. Seonghwa tried to wiggle out of the hug, but every movement resulted in his hood moving and almost revealing his face, but Seonhwa was quick to pull down his hood.

     Mingi was asking a million questions a minute while still locking his arms around Seonghwa , Yunho showed up at the doorstep, ushering him to come in . Seonghwa noticed that Yunho had been wearing an apron, clearly preparing dinner for the three.

"Where were you, hyung? We were just about to report you missing or call the police", Mingi said, still attached to me like a koala.

"You should have texted or at least told us where you were".

    Yunho had a pout on his face. Seonghwa refrained from cooing at two grown men for their cute faces, instead he apologised for not informing them on his whereabouts and that he would do so in the future.

"Okay, now that you're here , you can take a shower and i'll set up the table"

Bless Yunho , he was such an Angel.

Seonghwa did just that.

    He went up the stairs, undressed, and dove in the bath. All the stress seemed to fade away as the hot water did its job. After that, he grabbed his pair of comfy pyjamas .

     By the time he came downstairs, the food was steaming hot on the table . Yunho and Mingi had been waiting for him , engaging in a conversation about Yunho's recent work.

"So, have you found him ?"

"No", a sigh escaped from Yunho , a downcast expression gracing his face , " We searched everywhere, and we got a clue of where he is at the moment. Wish i had been there to prevent this".

Mingi placed his hand on top of Yunho, and they shared a small moment before he spoke.

"It's not your fault, baby bear. The family should have allowed him to digest it instead of throwing it to him like that."

"You are right , but-"

"No buts'", Mingi exclaimed, "This was entirely their fault and you are fixing their problem. They should be grateful that you are such a great friend and secretary."

    Seonghwa decided that it was the perfect time to make an appearance because he didn't want to hear more of what was not his business.

     The two turned their heads to where Seonghwa came from , clearly expecting him to hurry up and sit down so they could eat the food. Seonghwa took the first bite , and the rest followed .

    The table was cleared and Seonghwa bid goodbye to the couple who went upstairs to their shared room.

     Seonghwa , who felt that he didn't need to go to sleep yet, made his way to the living room and decided to watch whatever was on the TV.

He slept through all of it as the tiredness slipped in to his bones.