Chapter 10 PART 2

Seonghwa's POV

After the delicious breakfast, we exited the hotel.

    Yunho lead me to the centre of the town, to explore the festival that had started. In fact, last night, I noticed the posters adverting the festival, but I didn't think about it seriously as I was too concerned with trying to find a place to sleep.

    Once we arrived at our destination, I was socked that so many people were in town. Since it had just struck 9 in the morning, I would have thought that must people were about to drive to their workplace, however they were all here.

As we ventured into the crowd, my eyes feel of the individual people in the crown.

    They seemed to be having fun: laughing and smiling and the different attraction the festival had. They were all enjoying the warm atmosphere that the festival was bringing. Yunho took a moment to order some street food, so I wanted for him a nearby bench.

    A clown approached me, walking like a penguin, and took off his hat as a way of greeting me, and with a laugh, I greeted him back. His hand dived into the hat and it pulled a compass. I looked at the clowns face in confusion, but he only smiled back before giving it to me and skipping away.

   I looked back the direction in which the clown had gone, hoping that he would somewhat come back to retrieve it. Looking down at my lap with the shiny rose gold compass. Picking it up gently, I examined the object, holding it closer to my eye to see the detail. I noticed that the compass direction was wrong, as it kept pointing at different direction even when I adjusted it with the rolling button at the side. I shrugged my shoulders and kept it in my pocket.

I'll search for him while we walk around.

    Yunho came back with a box of steaming pancake, I looked at him surprised for the choice of food as we already had pancakes for breakfast, but then he told me to try it. Once I took i bite, i understood what he was trying to tell me. The pancake was sweet due to the filling inside it. The filling was made out of brown sugar, honey, chopped peanuts and cinnamon., The taste of autumn.

"It's called Hotteok (호떡)", he said with a smile, "I usually have it every time i come to the festival."

     As we walked around the festival, he explained to me the origin of the festival. It had been hosted by the royal family to celebrate of the announcement of the prince's future marriage. They were celebrating weeks before it, as the stores will be booked full of people trying to prepare themselves for the awaited gala.

He then explained the story behind it.

Once upon a time, the kingdom had a few problems going on behind bars that the public was not aware of. The king and the queen were pacing around, worried about their kingdom's future, as an unfortunate event had happened to their son.

The prince of the land had been cursed.

A curse so powerful that it had changed his appearance to a .... Frog.

The parents had recruited all the doctors, wizards, witches, fairies and any other magical being that had the power to maybe change the fate of the son. They offered all their riches such as gold, jewels, land amongst other things.