8. Shocked

The Next Day 

Author's POV

During Meera's Vidai, she spotted Danish Khan, one of the most notorious criminals out there. He was involved in all sorts of illicit activities, from gambling to human trafficking, cold-blooded murder to funding terrorists. The guy had his face wrapped in a scarf, but his eyes... those cold, calculating eyes. She could recognise them anywhere, even if she were blindfolded. She'd been studying him and plotting to bring him down for far too long.. As she saw him, she immediately started observing his moments. She entered the lift with him and put fifteenth floor, the last floor just as to know the floor at where the room of the man was. As she saw the man entering fourth floor, she knew she had to have on access to his room. As the lift stopped, the man came out of the lift. Aradhna wanted him to go to his room before the lift stopped but the man was too smart. He only made any movement when he was sure that no one was around. As Aradhna reached fifteenth floor, she called her boss.

"Sir, Danish Khan, Obroi Hotel, fourth floor." She said as soon as her boss picked up the call.

The name Danish Khan was enough to make his blood boil.But he remained composed.

"Keep a close eye on him. I want to know every detail – from the air he breathes to the water he drinks to his next target. Everything."

"I am giving yo access to the footage of the hotel. I want him alive in front of me in the headquarters." He said

"Sir you'll either get him alive or my dead body in the next week."

"Aradhna Kapoor, you're not allowed to die on me. We've got a slew of enemies left to protect this country from. That's an order," he asserted."Jai Hind Sir."

"Jai Hind Officer."  

After the phone call, Aradhna headed to her room and fired up her laptop. Almost instantly, a message popped up granting her access to the CCTV recordings for the fourth floor.

She combed through the footage and noticed that Danish Khan had checked into room 408 at noon and didn't leave until 9 PM. During his stay, he'd rung up room service multiple times, ordering who knows what.

She changed her clothes and went to the reception area. She was observing if there is any unusual activity going around. As she was seated at the reception, she saw that the receptionist who was seated at the time of Khan's check in was entering. She approached her before she could enter the lobby.

"Hi, I'm Priya Gupta, Senior Officer from the Crime Branch," I said, flashing my fake ID, one of those nifty little things we're equipped with for situations like this.

"Uh, good morning, ma'am. Is there anything I can assist you with?" she asked, sounding a bit jittery.

"Yes, you checked in a man into room 408 earlier. Did anything strike you as odd about him?" I inquired.

She hesitated for a moment, deep in thought, before answering, "Well, yeah. He had this scarf covering his face, and he only took it off briefly to confirm his ID. Plus, he seemed really insistent on getting room 408, for some reason."

"Anything else?" I prodded.

"No," she replied.

I leaned in closer and whispered, "This conversation never happened, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am," she stammered and quickly retreated.

"Room 408, why?" I thought

I went back to my room and opened the CCTV recording there was no movement. I packed my bags, left it in my parent's car and was looking at the CCTV for any movement.