23. Past

Aradhna's POV 

I wasn't surprised when I got to know that Awasthi broke. I knew the news of his wife will shatter him. On top of it, I made sure that both the brother and sister are kept in separate rooms. In Awasthi's room, his wife's news was playing on loop, and I knew he would loose his cool. On the other hand, I am just waiting for the right time to break Shradha Singhania. 

I made way towards Awasthi's interrogation room. 

"I knew it wasn't a good decision to leave you alive that day." He said as soon as he saw me.

I smirked and said,"Regret is a luxury you can't afford right now. I have no intention of resorting to that just yet. But, if you don't start talking, I can't vouch for Mrs. Awasthi's safety..." I paused, leaving the rest to his imagination.

"You are not doing anything to my wife.Didi would never let anything happen to any of us." He said

I casually picked up the paperweight from the table and began fidgeting with it. "Your didi, my dear, is probably struggling to breathe right now, let alone save any of you. And as for your wife... Well, let's just say, don't test me."

Awasthi's eyes widened in a mix of concern and fear. "What have you done to them?"

I chuckled darkly, placing the paperweight back on the table. "I haven't done anything yet. But it's what could happen if you choose to remain silent that should worry you." I leaned closer, my tone lowering. "Your cooperation could be the only chance for their safety."

He hesitated, his expression revealing the inner turmoil. "I can't betray..."

"Betrayal is a matter of perspective," I interjected sharply. "Right now, it's a choice between their safety and your principles. Choose wisely."

We locked eyes for a moment, the tension palpable in the air. I stood up straight, giving him a meaningful look before turning to leave the room.

As I reached the door, Awasthi's voice quivered behind me, "Wait... I'll talk. Just don't harm them."

I turned back with a sly smile, "Good choice. Now, let's talk about your plans and your associates."

"On 26 November, at Taj Mumbai, didi planned to reignite the memories of every Indian and everyone is to come there. That's all I know." He said 

"Are you sure?" I asked 

"Yes" He said. I motioned police officers in the room to take care of him and left the room.

As soon as I left the room, I met Abhay and we made our way towards my office. Inside the office we called Manish sir. 

"Sir, 26 November, at Taj, that's all we know as of now." I said on the phone 

"What do you think?" He asked 

"We need to tighten our security, their gang would anyway know about their arrest and would already be preparing for whatever their plan is. 26 being just a week ahead of us doesn't help either." I said

"Security is going to increase but we need every of them and more information about 26th Officer." He said

"Don't worry sir, I am pretty sure we'll have a clear idea by the end of the day about everything along with the rest of their gang." I said 

"Jai Hind sir" I said

"Jai Hind Officer" He said and cut the call.

"Do you really think this is all he knows?" Abhay asked me 

"Yes Abhay." I said

"Let's head over and interrogate Shradha now," I said, rising from my seat, ready to take action.