10. Evil Eye 🧿

The Next Day

Aradhna's POV

I woke up early this morning and proceeded with my yoga routine. After completing my session, I prepared to head to the headquarters. 

It was important to find out what he and his gang are planning this time. Their reappearance on the radar always spelled trouble.

Before leaving home, my mother reminded me repeatedly to return by 1 PM since I had my roka ceremony scheduled for 5 PM. I assured her that I would make it back as soon as possible. Upon arriving at the headquarters, I started my research on him and his gang. 

While engrossed in my work, I was called to Manish sir's office.

"Good morning, sir," I greeted as I stepped into his office.

"Morning. You'll need to depart for New Delhi tomorrow. You're going to be part of the Prime Minister's personal team for his dinner with the emerging businessmen of the country. Your responsibility is to stay close to him at all times, as there are numerous security concerns leading up to the upcoming elections," he explained.

"Sir, I'll remain in close proximity to him."

"Expect a call from his office, Officer, and please maintain the utmost discretion."

"Understood, sir."

"Very well, you can go now," he concluded.

"Jai Hind sir"

"Jai Hind Officer"

As I exited his office, my phone chimed with a message from the Prime Minister's Office. The message detailed my schedule for the next day. I needed to be present by 8:00 AM, and my flight was scheduled for 4:00 AM. At 11:00 AM, I would be introduced to the Prime Minister. After that , I'd be required to stay in close proximity to him throughout the day. The dinner event was set for 7:30 PM, where I was expected to wear a saree and be introduced as his assistant. Lastly, I received a list of all the VVIPs I needed to familiarize myself with.

The list included the names of all the other ministers and some of the major names of the country which are involved in politics. 

As I got done going through the list my phone pinged with a message from Monster.

Monster

If you want to stay alive, be at home in 10 minutes or else mom will eat you up.

As I read his message, I saw the time and it was 2:30. "Shit! I need to b e at home" I mumbled to myself and texted monster that I'll be there in 15 minutes. 

I am standing infront of my house and it is 3. I entered inside only to see my mom fuming in anger. I have been trained to handle terrorist and serial killers but my mother's wrath is something I can't handle. 

"You young lady was supposed to be home at 1 and right now it's 3. How will you get your Mehendi done." My mother said with rage

"Mumma calm down, I'll just go and get ready and I would apply a small dot of mehendi  for shagun." I said 

"That's only what we can do now. Go and get ready. I need you to be ready in the next hour." She said with anger visible in her voice

I quickly went to room and started to get ready. I wore a white ruffle top with a similar skirt. I wore green collared earrings and put my hair in a low pony. I did minimal make-up and got ready with in an hour.