Chapter 10

One year later. . .

"University." Elizabeth reads out from the pamphlet Sherlock gave her, who is pacing around their shared room. It's been a year since that graduation night, and everything has been all right for them. They got together, still acting the same, but show a bit of affection for each other in front of people. They don't like showing affection in front of people, unless they are by themselves. Socially awkward. . .what a perfect couple.

"You want to go to another upgraded school, where there are more bullies?" Elizabeth states, peering at her boyfriend above the pamphlet.

"Yes," Sherlock nods, "I'd like to know more about Criminology, because I want to be a detective."

"A detective?" Elizabeth looks up, staring at him amused. "I thought you wanted to be a pirate?"

"Yes, that was when I was little. But now I want to after the papers on Carl Powers."

"That's nice." she comments, still reading the pamphlet. "I was actually hoping to become a Consulting Detective with you."

"Consulting Detective?" Sherlock looks at her with interest. Elizabeth puts down the pamphlet, looking at him with excitement.

"What if," she said, going on her knees on the bed. "We make ourselves our own job. Just us two." Sherlock sits on the bed, bring her onto his lap, thinking it over.

"Sure." Sherlock shrugs. "But what exactly is a 'Consulting Detective'?"

"It's when the police are out of their depth - which is always, they come to us and consult us on their case."

"We help them find the criminals with our deductions." Sherlock concludes, looking down at the grinning sociopath.

"Exactly." she grins, hugging him. "What do you say? After university, we go and create our job?"

"After university." Sherlock agrees, placing a small kiss on her head.

***

"You two want to go to university?" Mrs Holmes looks at the couple in shock. "But aren't you two smart enough already?"

"Mycroft went to university." Sherlock shrugs. "And he is now in the British Government."

"He basically is the Government." Elizabeth adds with a shrug.

"You two want to be in the Government?" Mr Holmes asks the kids, looking up from reading the newspapers. They visibly cringe, staring at each other with a look that clearly states, "How idiotic can they be?"

"No." they said immediately.

"We'll be more likely breaking the law." Sherlock shrugs, holding Elizabeth's hand.

"What?" Mrs Holmes looks at them sharply.

"Nothing!" they said immediately, looking at each other with wide eyes.

"We said. . .we'll be more likely waiting for the police to come for us for help." Elizabeth says quickly.

"We're gonna be Consulting Detectives." Sherlock explains with a proud smile towards his girlfriend. "Elizabeth suggested it."

"It's when the police are out of their depth -"

"Which is always." Sherlock cuts in absently, making a ghost of a grin appear on Elizabeth's face before it disappears.

"-they come to us and consult on their problem." Elizabeth finishes.

"Such minds you two have." the parents murmur at the same time.

"Okay then." the mother says. "You two can go to university."

The two young adults grin at each other, before retreating outside for some fresh air. "The next time they'll be here is when they announce they are getting married." Mr Holmes jokes, going back to his newspaper.

"I hope they do." Mrs Holmes replies, smiling at a picture of the two said kids talking to each other at the front of the house, unaware of her taking a picture of them. "I wouldn't mind having grandchildren."

***

A couple of days later. . .

"Remember to visit us as much as you two can," Mrs Holmes tells the two sociopaths, making sure they have everything with them. They are now heading to university, that is a bit far away from home. The Holmes parents is going to be missing them for a while. "And do not get into any trouble."

"No beating up someone." Mr Holmes adds, making them remember a pretty bruised Taylor Smith, who was heading straight to the hospital.

"We can't promise you two on that." Sherlock says, giving them a sheepish smile.

"Well at least try to." Mrs Holmes encourages. The two kids look at each other with a smirk, before promising the mother. . .though their fingers were crossed behind them. They're sociopaths! What do you expect?

A bus arrives at the place, making them say their farewells to each other. "Oh, you two are growing up so fast." Mrs Holmes sniffs, bringing them into a hug.

"Ring up sometime, will you? She worries." Mr Holmes tells them, bringing them into another hug while doing so.

"We'll try, Mr Holmes." Elizabeth smiles at them uncomfortably, not used to their touches except Sherlock's. The bus beeps, making them jump.

"Gotta go!" Sherlock says, grabbing both of their bags, much to Elizabeth's dismay. "Come on, Lizzy, time to prepare for our future."

"For some reason, that sounds like we're going to have kids or something."

"We won't cross that bridge for a while, dear."

"Shut up." Elizabeth mutters with a blush, ignoring Sherlock's smirk.

"First we get married." he teases, making her blush harder.

"William Sherlock Scott Holmes!" she warns, walking into the bus. "You better stop talking right now, or else there won't be any future for us."

That made Sherlock shut up quickly. The parents had watched their banter, smiling at them. "See?" Mr Holmes says. "One day, they will come to us with a ring around Elizabeth's finger."

"And they'll come back again except with a baby on the way!" Mrs Holmes exclaims happily, walking back into their empty home with her husband chuckling at his wife's antics.

***

"Are you ready?" Sherlock asks Elizabeth, looking at her frowning face. They face the giant university, seeing everyone in their groups, no loners in sight. Both of them the odd ones out.

"Hopefully." Elizabeth answers, looking at Sherlock with nervousness. "This is just like High School over again."

"Hopefully Taylor Smith isn't here." Sherlock mutters.

"Who? Must have deleted her from my mind." Elizabeth replies, confusing Sherlock for a moment, before it clicks. Of course! Elizabeth deleted a bully from her mind. Sherlock wondered to himself why he didn't think of that earlier.

"Well then," Sherlock says, grabbing her hand. "Into battle again."

"The game is on." Elizabeth adds, squeezing his hand gently for comfort which he squeezed back.

They then took a step forward into their awaiting future. . .