Chapter 17

A year has passed since their first case from Angelo, and ever since then, they help Lestrade in most of the cases. In multiple cases, people thought they were the murderers with how enthusiastic they are on the murders. Occasionally they would get their own clients, but other than that, the cases were boring.

Elizabeth had gotten a violin, and Sherlock taught her how to play. Now they compose duets together, waking their neighbours at four in the morning. During the year, they had gotten a skull but whenever they annoyed Mrs Hudson, she would confiscate it from them. Molly and Elizabeth has became good friends, despite Molly having a small attraction to Sherlock. Elizabeth learnt to easily ignore it, while Sherlock was oblivious to it.

One day, when they were on a case, there was a note on the victim. It was addressed to Elizabeth. Elizabeth had opened the note, and read it out loud. "Well done Elizabeth Peyton, you are very close to solving this. You have two hours to solve this. Good luck darling, from M."

"Obviously it isn't from my brother." Sherlock states.

"Who cares,"Elizabeth shrugs. "Let's just solve this in two hours." Elizabeth is lying, though. She is very worried for herself and the people around her, including Sherlock. Throughout the time with him,Elizabeth has started to become soft, turning more human. Now she cares for Sherlock a lot like a normal girlfriend.

They start solving the case, every once in a while Elizabeth would get secret texts from'M'.

Ooh, you should start caring, darling.

M

You're getting closer, darling.

M

Tell me, are you scared?

M

Are you turning into a normal being?

M

Thirty minutes left, darling.

M

Elizabeth screams in frustration, and goes into her Mind Palace. She looks through all of the evidence and clues on the case, double checking everything. Sherlock looks at her in concern. He can see through her mask, she is secretly scared. Sherlock leaves her to her Mind Palace,and instead grabs his violin and play a composed song for her;something calm and soothing. It is called Lizzy's Lullaby because ever since they started the cases, the dead bodies would give her nightmares. Sherlock gets them too, but it effects her more. Sherlock has a lullaby of his own from her, of course.

Sherlock starts playing the violin, and he sees his girlfriend visibly relax,making him smile. He loves it when she's relaxed and calm, not tense and a blank face. While playing the lullaby, Lestrade enters their flat not-too quietly. The door barges open, startling Sherlock from his song. "Have you solved it yet?" Lestrade asks them, unaware of what is happening.

"Lestrade!"Sherlock hisses sharply, looking to Elizabeth concerned. He relaxes his stance when he sees she's unaffected by the sudden guest.

"Sorry,"Lestrade whispers, looking at Elizabeth's limp form.

"This is taking a huge toll on her." Sherlock mutters, playing the lullaby over again. "You know, because of that note left for her,and the fact there is only half an hour left."

"I wonder why she's targeted." Lestrade wonders. "This must be scary for you as well."

"Of course it is." Sherlock scoffs, still playing the lullaby. "She's the love of my life, and she's being threatened. Who knows what this might do to her."