Chapter 13

A couple of years later

Sherlock and Elizabeth finally got what they wanted. They got to live in London. They said their farewells to the Holmes parents, and were on they way. They had worked hard, looking for apartments, when they stumbled upon a certain apartment in Baker Street. It wasn't just the apartment they were interested in, they were also interested in the landlady. "Her husband is a drug dealer." Elizabeth said amused when they were on their way to their new apartment. "And she wants him to be executed."

"We should help her with the case." Sherlock agrees. "Even though she helped and was an exotic dancer."

"Things we can read from people." Elizabeth mumbles amused. The cab driver looks at them weirdly, but didn't say anything. Strange people, the cab driver thought to himself. They finally reach Baker Street, and the cab driver felt relieved. Before they left though, Elizabeth popped her head through the window and said, "I would hurry to your wife if I were you. You can catch her with your neighbour.". The driver left without another word.

"So, this looks nice." Sherlock comments, staring at the door that said 221B.

"Yes." she agrees. She knocks on the door, before stepping back next to Sherlock when she heard rushed footsteps. The door opens, revealing an old woman.

"Oh!" she exclaims. "You two must be after a flat -"

"And to see about your husband." Sherlock cuts off. "We'd like to help you with executing your husband."

"Oh!" she exclaims. "How? You two are just young adults -"

"We're Consulting Detectives." Elizabeth cuts her off. "The only ones as well because we invented the job."

"So let me get this straight." the woman says. "You want to help me, kill my husband?"

"Legally." Sherlock adds. "We may be high-functioning sociopaths, but we're not that cruel to kill someone."

The old woman looks at them shocked, before smiling at them. "My name is Mrs Hudson." she introduces, holding a hand out.

"Sherlock Holmes." Sherlock says, shaking her hand. "And this is my girlfriend, Elizabeth Peyton."

"Nice to make an acquaintance with you." Elizabeth said, shaking Mrs Hudson's hand quickly. "Can we come in?"

"Oh! Of course! Sorry, dears." Mrs Hudson moves out of the way to let them in. "If you'd like to follow me, I'll show you the available rooms." They follow Mrs Hudson downstairs, to see a door that says 221C.

"Um..." they both say. "No."

"Thought so." Mrs Hudson mumbles. "This place is a damp, not really a good place to live in." Mrs Hudson then shows them 221A. "This is where I live so if you'll need me, I'll be just here." Mrs Hudson then leads them upstairs one floor up. She then shows them another room. "This is actually the two-two-one-bee apartment. If you don't like this one there's always -"

"No." Elizabeth cuts the old woman off, looking around approvingly. "This is a good one. Right, William?"

"William?" Mrs Hudson mumbles confused. Sherlock didn't pay attention to Mrs Hudson and looks at Elizabeth.

"I was thinking the same thing." Sherlock tells Elizabeth with a grin. "So you want this place?"

"Yeah," Elizabeth nods. "Ready when you are."

"We'll take this flat." Sherlock tells the landlady.

"Oh, you two are so adorable!" she exclaims, brushing off the fact that Elizabeth had said 'William' instead of 'Sherlock'. "I'll grab the papers - oh! You can also have a discount since you're going to help me with my husband's case."

"Nice old woman." Elizabeth states when Mrs Hudson left them alone. "Talks a lot and is kind of annoying, but she's all right."

"Yeah." Sherlock agrees, looking out the window. "Come on!" he says, turning back to her. "Time to unpack and solve our first case of the landlady's husband!"