Chapter 15

"So, what's the case about?" Elizabeth asks Lestrade while studying the dead body with Sherlock.

"It's a triple murder." Lestrade sighs, rubbing his face tiredly. "We have a suspect but he isn't admitting anything."

"Then he isn't the criminal." Sherlock shrugs, earning an annoyed glance from the DI.

"Dear, why don't you tell the DI what we have found about this guy?" Elizabeth says, trying to ease the annoyance from the DI. Sherlock nods, and straightens up to face Lestrade.

"This man is in his early twenties," he starts. "He went to jail before -"

"How do you know that!" Lestrade interrupts, looking at them shocked.

"We told you already." Sherlock said impatiently. "We're Consulting Detectives, we deduce things. Anyway -"

"But we never see that in one glance!" Lestrade exclaims.

"That's because you people have puny brains." Sherlock retorts, staring impatiently at him. "Can I continue?"

"Er – yeah, sure."Lestrade fumbles.

"Anyway," Sherlock clears his throat. "He went to jail before because that tattoo he has is from people who know how to do tattoos without any profession." Sherlock then turns to Elizabeth. "You want to continue?"

"Oh, no." she smirks. "You are doing all right already."

"Okay." Sherlock smirks, before turning back to Lestrade. "Anyway, this man was shotjust like the others, yes?"

"Yeah." Lestrade nods.

"Can we have a look at them also?" Elizabeth asks him kindly. Lestrade nods, and Molly leads them to the other two victims. "Gun shot to the chest twice."Elizabeth states, looking at the hole.
"Handgun, yes?"Sherlock asks Molly.

"Er, yeah." she answers shocked. "How did you know -"

"We know lots ofstuff, Molly." Elizabeth explains. "You'll get used to it."

"You're making it sound like you two are the murderers." Lestrade states, looking at the two suspiciously.

"We may be high-functioning sociopaths," Sherlock said, shocking Molly and Lestrade. "But we wouldn't kill someone unless necessary such as defending ourselves."

"We're just here to help you on this case." Elizabeth adds. "Now, can we continue this case?"

"Yeah, sure."Lestrade sighs.

"Good." Sherlock says curtly. "We want to see the suspect."

***

The DI and sociopaths enter Scotland Yard, earning some whispers from the police force."Hm. Nice place." Elizabeth comments, looking around.

"I guess." Sherlock shrugs. A cat call came from amongst the policemen, making Elizabeth roll her eyes and for Sherlock to narrow his eyes at the men.Sherlock wraps an arm around Elizabeth's waist possessively, making her roll her eyes at him this time.

"Such a jealous boy."she smirks.

"And you wouldn't be?" he retorts with a raised eyebrow.

"Touché."

They follow Lestrade, only to be stopped by a man and woman. The woman is brown, with curly brown hair, while the man is white, brown hair, and has a pointy-kind of nose. They both look at the couple, before turning to Lestrade. "Suspect hasn't confessed yet." the woman tells Lestrade. "Anderson and I tried good cop, bad cop, showing him the murder pictures – nothing is working!"

"Huh, I guess you two were right then." Lestrade says to Elizabeth and Sherlock.

"What?" the woman exclaims. "Who are you two?"

"Sherlock Holmes." Sherlock says curtly, not moving to shake her hand. "This is my colleague and girlfriend, Elizabeth Peyton."

"Why are you two here?" the man asks this time.

"They're here to help us." Lestrade tells the two people. "I think they can help us."

"Are they other police people from somewhere else?" the man asks.

"No."Sherlock scoffs.

"We're Consulting Detectives." Elizabeth sighs, tired of explaining theirjobs. "It's when the police are out of their depth -"

"Which is always."

"-they come to us and consult to us." Elizabeth finishes.

"There is no such thing as Consulting Detectives." the woman said.

"We know."Sherlock nods. "That's because we're the only Consulting Detectives. We made the job up."

"Whoa-whoa-whoa!"the man said. "Are you saying, Lestrade, you asked help from amateurs?"

"Amateurs!" the sociopaths repeat appalled.

"We are not amateurs." Elizabeth snaps. "We are way better at this job than the whole department, for your information!"

"Hey!"

"Oi!"

Policemen can be heard exclaiming at the same time, offended at her comment."Better at our own job?" the woman scoffs. "Yeah, right."

Before Elizabeth can tell her deductions on the woman, Lestrade interferes. "Sally, please, just don't."

"Are we going to see the suspect or not?" Sherlock says impatiently. Lestrade gives the two people a warning glance, before leading the Consulting Detectives to the suspect, the other two people trailing behind.

***

"So," Lestrade says, watching their thoughtful expression. "What do you think of him?"

"What's his name?" Elizabeth asks him.

"Angelo."

"He isn't the murderer." Elizabeth and Sherlock say at the same time.

"What!" the two people exclaim.

"What do you mean?" the man exclaims outraged.

"Anderson!" Lestrade says sharply.

"What are your names? Sally and Anderson, isn't it?" Sherlock asks the two people.

"Sally Donovan." the woman says curtly.

"Philip Anderson." the man says.

"Right. Donovan, Anderson," Sherlock says. "Both of you shut up. You are not helping."

"This is madness!" Anderson exclaims. "I should have you two arrested -"

"What,like what you did to poor innocent Angelo?" Elizabeth interrupts,sending a sarcastic glance to them. "Although, he did do a crime."

"Kind of obvious." Sherlock adds. "He may not have done these murders, but he is guilty of a crime."

"Probably house robbing, or something like that." Elizabeth suggests, shrugging. She then turns to Lestrade. "Mind if we chat to him? I think Sherlock and I can talk things out."

"No -!"

"Yeah, sure." Lestrade shrugs, interrupting Donovan and Anderson.

"Freaks." Donovan mutters when they were walking past her to goin the interrogation room.

 "You're just jealous." Elizabeth says back with a smirk. Sherlock grins at his girlfriend, loving her fiery attitude.