Chapter 18

Time was almost up for Elizabeth and Sherlock; Elizabeth's day of leaving is approaching rather fast for them. They made sure to do almost everything together, from being in the same room, around the bathroom when one of them are using the bathroom – they even finally made love to each other. They were both virgins, so the next day they were in pain, but it was totally worth it for them.

In two days Elizabeth is leaving, and Sherlock has gotten depressed, while watching Elizabeth pack a year worth of clothing. "That long?" he asks glumly. She zips up her suitcase, sighing in sadness.

"Yeah." she says bluntly. Sherlock walks up behind her, and wraps his arms around her waist, his head resting on her left shoulder.

"I love you." he said, kissing her cheek softly.

"I love you, too."she said back.

***

Two days later

Sherlock wakes up from a rustle on his spot, and turns to see Elizabeth getting out of bed. Sherlock reacts fast, and pulls her back down onthe bed, making her land on his chest.

"William!"she exclaims in shock.

"Don't go, please." he whines, holding her close, while making puppy dog eyes at her that she always fall her. This time though, she doesn't.

"I'm sorry," she murmurs, brushing some hair out of his eyes. "I'm afraid those eyes aren't going to fool me this time." Sherlock sighs in defeat, and just hides his face in her coconut scented hair.Today is going to be the last day I will ever smell her hair for along while, Sherlock thinks to himself sadly. Today is going to be the last day I get with my girlfriend, all because of some 'M'guy.

"Come on, William." she whispers, kissing his lips quickly. "I need to go if you want me to come home earlier."

Sherlock reluctantly releases her, getting out of his bed as well. They then walk in the bathroom to have a bath together for the last time.

***

"Are you sure you have everything?" Sherlock asks her worried, looking around in case she forgets something.

"I have everything, don't worry." she assures him. "Well, except forone thing."

"What?"he panics, looking around frantically. Sherlock isn't going to see her for a year or more, so he wants to make sure that while she's gone,she is safe with the stuff she has.

"A kiss." she says bluntly, bringing him down for a kiss. Sherlock relaxes his stance like he usually does when kissing her, wrappinghis arms around her waist. They continue kissing for a while, until they pull away to breathe. Sherlock opens his eyes to see her withher eyes closed still, and that she is holding him tightly.

"This is going to be the last time I ever get to hold you." he mumbles against her forehead, closing his eyes tightly to prevent tears from falling down.

"I know." she mumbles back. She then lets go of him. "It's time."

They walk downstairs together, Mrs Hudson already standing at the doorway with tears rolling down her face. It isn't helping the sociopaths who were trying to contain their own tears. Elizabeth says a farewell to Mrs Hudson, before turning to Sherlock again. Sherlock immediately brings her into a hug, letting one tear fall down his face. "I love you." she chokes out.

"I love you, too." Sherlock says back. He then pulls away when he hears a taxi beep. "You need to go. But just know, I'll always wait for you."

"I know." she whispers, walking to the door with her suitcase. "Oh,and Sherlock?"

"Yes?"he asks immediately.

"Just know, the game is on."