Chapter 12

"How dare he ask you out?" Sherlock exclaims, when they reach their dorm. While signing up for university, they made sure to be in the same dorm, as long as nothing happens between them. Elizabeth grimaced at the thought, while Sherlock had went pale. They entered their dorm after lunch since they have a free period, and only then, did realisation came to Sherlock from when Elizabeth was asked out. "He knew well that we were dating! And he goes on and asks you out -"

"William, chill." Elizabeth cuts him off, lying down on their bed. "It's not like I was gonna accept. I don't see what women see in him, really."

"I know," Sherlock mumbles, lying down next to her, "I'm just mad that he had did it in front of me."

"Aw," she teases, "you're so adorable when you're jealous!"

"Oh shush," Sherlock mutters, looking away embarrassed, "you're no better."

"What do you expect?" she shrugs. "I am not good with socializing."

"Me either." Sherlock agrees. They stay in silence, each of them in their own Mind Palace, studying their finals.

***

Six months later

"Can you believe we are actually graduating again except in university already?" Elizabeth asks Sherlock, while fixing her hair. Since they were prodigies, they easily finished earlier than average people, making them hate the couple more at their smartness.

"I can actually believe it." Sherlock comments, glaring at his bowtie. Elizabeth glances at what he's looking at, and laughs genuinely at what he was glaring at.

"It's not that bad, William." Elizabeth said, walking towards him. She wore a sparkling blue dress that went to her ankles, with black flats. Her hair was in a tight bun, not a strand out of place. She also had makeup, which Sherlock hated.

"I told you not to wear any make up." Sherlock mutters, caressing her cheek gently.

"Every woman does." she mumbles, grabbing his bow tie.

"But you look fine without makeup!" he argues, holding her hands preventing them from tying up his bow tie.

"Let's make a deal then." Elizabeth decides. "You wear the bowtie, and I wear no makeup."

"Why do you want me to wear a bow tie?" Sherlock complains, allowing her to tie the bowtie.

"Because you look handsome in it." Elizabeth replies bluntly. Sherlock stares at her shocked, a tinge of pink on his face.

"You just complimented me." he mutters quietly. "You never compliment me."

"You must be making me soft." she grins slightly. "But I did compliment you at graduation in High School."

"Whatever." Sherlock waves off, walking to the mirror after she tied the bowtie together on him. "Let's go. My parents will be here soon."

"No Mycroft?"

"No." Sherlock shakes his head. "I doubt he would want to go to something like this. He's not really there for me anymore."

"You'll need him in the future though." Elizabeth tells him.

"Will I?" he scoffs. "It's more likely he'll be needing me." They left the conversation to that, and left their dorm without another word.

***

"Oh, look at you two!" Mrs Holmes exclaims, bring the two graduates into a hug. "It's only been a year and you're already graduating!"

"Where to now?" Mr Holmes adds in. The two graduates look at each other, before facing the parents.

"To London."

"London!" the parents exclaim at the same time.

"Jesus!" Mrs Holmes exclaims. "Both of you don't like staying in one spot, don't you!"

"No, not really." they said at the same time again.

"Come on you two." Mrs Holmes chuckles. "Let's go back home and get this whole 'London' thing sorted out."

"Wait, you are actually going to let them go to London?" Mr Holmes said while he and his wife were walking away from the two graduates, not bothering to wait for them.

"Of course!" she exclaims. "Them two can't stay forever with us. Who knows what would happen to our home if they just stay in one spot..."

"Yes!" Mr Holmes agrees immediately. "We should probably let them do whatever they want."

"Exactly."

***

"You know," Elizabeth said, watching the parents walk away. "They don't even know we can hear them."

"Yeah." Sherlock agrees. "But they're right. Who knows what would happen if we stay in one spot."

"Probably shoot the wall that has a smiley face sprayed onto it." Elizabeth shrugs.