Poison

"What are you saying all of a sudden, Father?"

Adenmir couldn't hide his perplexity at the sudden words of the emperor.

Break up with Elodie Perdia?

He couldn't guess why his father would have him do that.

Perdia was currently the greatest force behind Adenmir, who had almost no maternal power.

It was also the reason why he could easily deal with the second empress's son, the second prince Beltran.

For Adenmir, who was on the defensive, Perdia's engagement proposal was like sweet rain.

The emperor, who was bedridden at that time, also had no objection to the engagement.

Why does he want to break this solid engagement?

"My thoughts are shortsighted, so it's hard to keep up with what the emperor is thinking. Please explain."

Cough! The emperor pursed his lips and let out another rough cough.

Adenmir waited with patience until his father calmed down.

Soon, the emperor's dry lips opened again.

"Look.....not only at a tree, but the forest. In the future you will be crowned emperor. Cough! ......Do you believe that power.......will be completely yours?"

"............."

"Son.....Perdia is.....too big for you....to hold...."

Adenmir could understand what the emperor was trying to say. Between intermittent coughs , the emperor talked for a very long time about why Adenmir should not borrow the power of Perdia.

Perdia does not compromise.

As the rulers of the shadows, they knew the dark side of the empire better than anyone else.

So the people of the Wallentian Empire could never escape their influence. Even the imperial family was no exception.

It was a family that threatened even the imperial power, but they did not act, they just crouched in the shadows.

He became acutely aware of the threat as he reigned as emperor.

He condoned borrowing Perdia's power because he was lying sick in bed and couldn't do anything himself, but that power would eventually become a noose that could tighten around Adenmir's neck more and more.

Perdia should not be in the imperial castle.

They must not be allowed to drag on and become a shadowy powerhouse forever. If Elodie Perdia were to be empress, this empire would be completely in the hands of Perdia.

Adenmir would just be a scarecrow emperor.

The emperor foresaw it all.

"It's not that I don't understand my fathers will. But I need immediate strength."

"Then, take the........rather manageable.......Angellus."