Was I crazy?

It was a gem.

A red gem with seemingly nothing special about it.

It even lost its luster and it looked like it only seemed like a jewel after additional workmanship.

No one else in the auction house expressed interest in the auction item, as if they were thinking the same thing as me.

‘How can you make a fortune out of that gem?’

I didn’t understand at all, so I asked Raeyan, “Is that really it?”

“Yes.”

“Really?”

“Believe me.”

Raeyan said that, so I couldn’t continue doubting him.

‘Maybe it’s a classic cliché of a genre novel that says trivial items actually have enormous value……!’

Badump, badump.

Thinking about it like that, I suddenly felt my heart beating pleasantly.

Soo, the auction house announced the start of the auction through the voice-amplifying magic tool.

“It is said to be an heirloom of an extinct family, and the starting price is 500 lalit!”

Feeling Raeyan’s gaze on me, I quickly raised my paddle and said.

“510 lalit.”

First of all, I raised the price by only 10 lalit with the thought to watch it and see if anyone else recognized its value.

“510 lalit! We have 510 lalit!”

The auctioneer exclaimed.

I nervously clasped the paddle and waited for someone else’s offer. Maybe there would be someone else besides Raeyan who recognized the value of that gem.

Then there might be a huge competition.

‘How much money can I afford right now?’

I was so nervous at the thought that an unexpected rival might appear, but……

“510 lalit. Sold!”

‘Rival?’ I scoffed. ‘Uh, I don’t have one.’

I was ready for a bidding war, totally in vain.

Raeyan looked back at me, as I sat in a daze, holding the paddle with a sense of dejection.

“Let’s get out of here.”

“Huh? Yeah.”

Could it really be this easy?

A heart-racing competition that made your hands sweat! There was no such thing.

Still devoid of a sense of reality, I followed Raeyan out of the auction house.

After being led to a room, an auction house attendant entered and held out an enchanted piece of paper.