Chapter 10

It's been three days since Ashtyn vomited profusely, causing Camila and I's conversation to end quickly.

We have yet been able to go back to our conversation since Camila has been busy with Ashtyn. I've tried to help Camila a little bit over the three day span but of course, Ashtyn only wanted to be Camila's arms. Since Camila has been dealing with Ashtyn, I've been spending a lot of time with Kayne, giving her attention while Camila and I are busy with a sick Ashtyn and shows every night since Ashtyn threw up.

"Which one?" I asked Kayne, holding up two different shirts. One shirt was navy blue with white polka dots and another one with pink and white zebra stripes.

"Neither," she answered, not looking up from her piece of paper she was coloring.

"You can't choose if you haven't even looked at them."

Her brown eyes looked up from the paper and over at the shirts in my hands. "Neither," she repeated before going back to color.

"You have to choose a shirt, Kayne," I sighed. It's times likes these that I wished I could go back in time when she couldn't voice her opinion about the type of clothes I dressed her in.

"I want to wear your shirt," she replied, stuffing her crayons back into the box.

"Which shirt?"

"The shirt," she stated.

"Kay, it's going to be really hot out today. Maybe you can wear my shirt when you go to bed," I suggested.

"Please mama," she begged, cupping her hands together and sticking her bottom lip out.

"Mama has an outside show tonight. You're going to overheat if you wear it outside."

"But I want to wear it," she pouted.

"Fine," I sighed, knowing she would refuse to wear anything unless it was my shirt.

I walked back to my bunk, pulling out my old softball sweatshirt from high school. Camila use to wear it all time back in our original fifth harmony days, but now Kayne wears it all the time.

I grabbed a blue tank top out of her bag before walking back to where she was sitting. "Here," I said, handing her the tank top.

"But I just wanna wear you shirt, mama," she whined, not taking the tank top out of her hand.

"You have to wear this underneath incase you get hot, or you can't wear my shirt at all," I said, trying to come up with a compromise for the both of us.

"Fine," she sighed, taking the tank top out of my hand. I let her get dressed while I grabbed a black beanie to place over my messy hair. "I'm ready" she said, removing the sweatshirt hood off her head revealing her famous piggy tails she always requested.

"You're going to die from the head," I warned, picking her up and placing her on my hip.

"Sunglasses," she said, reaching for the Barbie sunglasses on the counter. I picked them up and helped her slide them onto her face. "You need sunglasses, mama."

"Mama, doesn't have any," I replied. The last pair I owned broke when Ashtyn stepped on them.

"Where those," she said, pointing to a pair of black sunglasses on the counter.

"Those don't belong to me, they belong to mommy."

"Put them on, please," she begged, sticking her tiny bottom lip back out. "Mommy won't care if you wear them. Please, I want to match with you."

"If I get in trouble, I'm blaming you," I replied, tickling her stomach playfully.

"Mama," she giggled, placing her tiny hand on top of mine. "S-s-stop."