Chapter 26

It's been a week since Camila opened up to me and our relationship has became the strongest it's ever been. What I've learned the most is to listen to Camila fully without interrupting her. It's still a work in progress, but I can definitely see an improvement from how I use to be.

Camila's been trusting me a lot more these last few days and opening up more which I wish I could say the same for myself. I trust Camila, I always have, but I find it hard opening up to somebody. It's a work in progress but I've been taking baby steps. Camila's understanding and not pressuring me has played a huge role in getting me to open up more.

As for the whole Austin thing, he hasn't been texting Camila-that I know of anyways. We filed a report the next morning. Threatening Camila and I was one thing, but threatening two harmless three-year-olds is another.

On top of everything, Camila and I have been taking turns as we take care of a sick Kayne. There's been a lot of cuddles, sleep, and breathing treatments. Ashtyn has been helping take care of her twin sister a little bit, but most times it ends with her throwing a tantrum because Kayne has been receiving a lot of Camila and I's attention. Thankfully the girls have been helping us out by entertaining Ashtyn. 

Tonight we celebrate our 8th anniversary of becoming a group. There's been talk about going out after the show but nothing has been finalized yet.

"Mama?" The sleepy three-year-old asked.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked, running my hands throw her dark locks.

"I want to color," she pouted.

"I think you should go to sleepy," I suggested as I locked eyes with her doe ones.

"But I want to color," she argue, crossing her tiny arms across he chess.

"When you wake up we can color, okay?"

"I want to color," She demanded before coughing harshly.

"C'mere bug," I said softly as I pulled the crying toddler onto my lap.

I quietly rocked her back and forth as she quieted down. I wiped the loose tears away with the pad of my thumb before kissing the top of her head softly.

"Mama, cup," she said, reaching for the butterfly sippy cup on the table.

I leaned over, grabbing the cup off the table before placing it on her lap.

"Mama sing," the three-year-old said as she looked up at me with the same color eyes as Camila.

"What do you want me to sing?" I asked as I brushed my finger up and down the soft skin on her arm.

"Lana song," she smiled brightly, referring to the song I used to sing when Camila would ask.

Play house, put my favorite record on
Get down, get your crystal method on
You were like, tall, tan, driving 'round the city
Flirtin' with the girls like, "You're so pretty."
"Springsteen is the king, don't you think?"
I was like, "Hell yeah, that guy can sing."

Like ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oh

You make me crazy, you make me wild
Just like a baby, spin me 'round like a child
Your skin so golden brown
Be young, be dope, be proud
Like an American
Ooh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-ooh
Like an American
Ooh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-ooh

I continued to rock her as i finished out the song. By the time I finished, the sick toddler was already fast asleep. I transferred her to her bunk before tucking her in and kissing the top of her warm forehead.