Chapter 25

"Ma," The brown-eyed one-year-old said as I finished pulling her wavy chocolate hair into pigtails.

Ever since Camila and I were able to do the girls' hair, Ashtyn was the one who always got a ponytail while Kayne got pigtails. We never had a reason as to why we do that, but it was just something we've always done.

"Ma," the petite one-year-old repeated.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked, lifting her off the changing table and onto my hip.

"No Ma," she said, pointing to the giant picture hanging between the girls' cribs.

The picture was taken three weeks before the twins entered the world. Camila's hand were placed on her gigantic belly with my hands on top of hers. That has been and probably always will be my favorite picture from that entire shoot.

"Do you want to go see mommy?" I asked my youngest daughter.

She grinned widely as soon as I said "mommy". Camila has always been called "mommy" while I've been called "mama". We never really had the discussion on what name the twins would call us, but Sofi decided for us and it stayed.

"You miss mommy, don't you?" I asked the brown-haired baby.

"Ya," she responded with one of the five words she knows.

"I miss her too," I replied, kissing the top of her soft hair before exiting out of the nursery.

"Girl, you better put down my shoe," Dinah threatened playfully.

The apartment filled up with a ton of tiny baby giggles as Ashtyn held onto one of Dinah's black and white Nike Roshe.

"I'm going to get you," Dinah warned as she began to crawl over to Ashtyn.

Ashtyn "ran" away from Dinah, tripping over her own feet and hitting her head against my knees. The giggles turned into tears instantly.

"Little Jaguar," The Polynesian said in a sincere voice as she stood up. "I'm sorry."

"Hold her please," I said, handing over my youngest daughter and picking up the older one.

"You're okay Ash," I reassured her, kissing the spot on her forehead.

"You should've seen her though," Dinah laughed. "She could've won America's Funniest Home Videos. She was like boom!" The younger girl continued.

"No," Ashtyn yelled, pointing angrily at her aunt.

"Tell Aunty it isn't funny, Ash."

"No, no, no, no," The raven-haired one-year-old said angrily.

"No, no, no, no," Kayne giggled as she joined in.

"Don't you 'no' me," Dinah teased as she began to tickle Ashtyn.

"No," Ashtyn screamed n her ear piercing scream as she pushed Dinah's hand off her stomach.

"Shoot, this child has some lungs," Dinah commented, quickly removing her hand away from Ashtyn.

"She gets it from her mother," I smirked as I grabbed my keys off the hook.

"As much as I love hearing about your sex life, we have children in the room."

"Only you would be interested in hearing about someone's sex life," I said, shaking my head.

"Wrong, I'm only interested in you and Walz sex life," Dinah corrected.