PART 9

The whole had gone by in a blink. Parvati was in their room the whole day or you can say that she was caged inside the room because Ganga had forbidden her to get out of the room until and unless all the guests are gone, so that no scene is created around the palace.

Aadhiren was in his study, doing his office work. His mother enters inside and sees him sitting with a stressed expression on his face. She walks up to him and creases his cheeks. He looks up and removes his glasses. "Yes ma?" He says and Ganga smiles at him. "Come here" she says and takes his hand and sits on the couch in the room.

He frowns and waits for his mother to tell him something. "Aadhiren beta, you know that I am your mother and my every decision is for your best" she says and Aadhiren nods "Then you must know that my this decision is also for your own best" she says and Aadhiren frowns further "Which one ma?" He asks.

"I know you and Parvati are planning to divorce each other but I can't allow it. I want you both to stay in this marriage" she says and Aadhiren widens his eyes and stands up from the couch. He was beyond shocked "What!!! No I don't believe you. You were the one who was desperate to get us both separated and now you are saying that you don't want us to divorce?? What kind of game plan is this ma!?" He says shouting and Ganga shakes her head, trying to calm her son down.

"No no Aadhi, there is no game plan, all this is for your own good. Do you even know what kind of things people say when you get divorced?? And it's not even 24 hours after your wedding" she says and he gets irritated.

"Screw people, I don't care what they say!'' He says and Ganga sighs "I know you don't and you shouldn't but the kind of society we live in and the type of people we have in our social circle, they don't think the same and I know your name will go down the drain and all the sweat and blood you have sacrificed to establish our business...it will all be disgraced" she says, saying her best emotional card.

And it always gets Aadhiren, he sighs and closes his eyes and thinks for a minute and opens them again, nodding his head ''Fine" he says and goes back to sit on his desk. Ganga smiles and gives her son a peck in the forehead, creasing his hair.

"It's almost dinner time now, go and ask your wife to get ready for Rasoi" she says and Aadhiren sighs nodding. She leaves the study and goes to her bedroom.

Aadhiren rubs his face with his hands and takes a deep breath before winding up his work, shutting  his laptop and then walking towards his room.

***

In the bedroom, Parvati was still in her morning clothes, she didn't change them because she will have to go down again at night. She skipped lunch because she didn't want to go down. One servant brought her stuff to his room but didn't come inside, they left it infront of the door and left after knocking on the door twice. She felt like a burden trapped there.

Her stuff wasn't much, it was two potli one had her clothes and other had stuff like a few lipsticks, her stuff from the tiny mandir she had in her room and a few other essentials like her toothbrush and all.

She was happy to receive her stuff, currently, she had taken out her one ongoing project of sewing together ger torn apart clothes, she was sitting on the floor near the balcony and sewing her kurta.

Aadhiren enters the room in a swift moment, he spots her sitting near the balcony and walks up to her. She was surrounded by threads and other sewing stuff, some random buttons and prices of clothes. He sees that she was so concentrated in her work that she didn't even feel his presence.

He clears his throat loudly, startling the girl. She flinches and looks up, seeing him standing in his glory. She gulps and quickly starts collecting her stuff
"Sorry for the mess sir" she says nervously and her hand starts to get a little shaky due to fear.

He noticed it ''Its alright" he says and she looks up, standing up with her hand filled with the stuff that was previously on the floor.
"Ma was calling you to do that rasoi rasam" he says and she nods "Uh yea, I will go down" she says and walks to a corner of the room. Aadhiren noticed there was a few things kept there.

It was her stuff. She keeps all her things inside and keeps her bag one above of another to occupy less space. She turns around to see him intensely looking at her, she looks down and stands in her position.

Aadhiren notices his creepy behaviour and runs his hand through his hair and walks to his closet to change into comfortable clothes.

Parvati waited for him, when he came out and saw her still standing in the room, he asks, "Why are you stil here?" Parvati looks at him and then looks away again. Nope, his strong gaze was too much to her.

"I-i was just wondering, what should I make? Rani sa told me to make sweet dish, but which one?" She says and Aadhiren thinks for minute "Hmm, make gajrela" he says. Parvati should have expected it, it's his favourite sweet after all.

(It is a sweet dish made out of carrots)

She nods and then walks down, followed by him.

***

Parvati was in the kitchen, cooking for the family. She felt really sorrowful as because of her, the servants had to leave the kitchen empty. She hates how they all get treated different infront of her.

It is kind of a ruke that is followed since ages, whenever the daughter-in-law of the household enters the kitchen, all the workers must leave her alone.

She feels like she is in a authoritative position, which she is, and it makes her dejected. They all are her really close friends and they are more like family and now they will have to treat her like their 'Mam'.

She cooks the dish quickly and soon the room was filled with the food's fragrance. She needs someone to taste it for her but there was no one around her, she takes a look around and sees Aadhiren sitting in the living room with his laptop on his lap.

She takes a little portion from the large vessel and puts it in a smaller bowl, taking a spoon with it, she walks towards him.

He was typing something I the computer and Parvati stands in front of him. He looks up and she forwards her hand in front of him, he frowns and looks at her again. She doesn't say anything "What?" He asks and she feels nervous "Can you taste test it please?" She says and he looks at her nervously standing there as if it were her final year's examinations.

He takes the bowl from her hand and takes one bite, it was majestic! The sweetness was just perfect and the dry fruits were melting inside the mouth. It was a perfect dish. He nods at her "It's good" he says and Parvati felt content. She sighs and nods her head.

Seeing him eat and enjoy the food, she leaves from there. When she comes to think of it, this is the first time he has ever given her a compliment. She chuckles to herself thinking about it and then smiles, her cheeks turned a little tint of pink.

She cover the vessel of gajrela and washes her hand before walking out of the kitchen, she sees that he has eaten the whole bowl and walks to pick up the bowl and takes it in the kitchen to wash it.

"Parvati, leave it. The servants will do it" his bua says erupting out of nowhere. Just then a fellow servant of hers came and took the vessel from her hands and took it in the kitchen. She smiled towards the bua but her heart was pounding. It felt so wrong. It felt so painful.
.
.
.

Thanks for Reading <3